Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Release Dates

gcode

I first experience with MasterCAM was v 3.11. I have used it until v5, then did the upgrade skiping those in between. I then went to 6 thru 9 and still do not know everything. But, what I do know is that I can come to the forum with a legitimate question or concern and get the answer I need to complete the task. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif Thanks guys/gals cheers.gif

Code_Breaker

gcode: I used to work for Anilam. Anicam was not the original Mastercam. Two completely different products. I wrote 1/4 of the manual for the Anican product. We took on the Mastercam, re-packaged as Clearcut, rather than update the Anicam product.

I used to carry around one of those BIG NEC APC's for demos. Talk about a back breaker..

Mike Mattera

• Thanks 1

I learned 12 years ago and run even now sometimes Cadtool-Nctool from Cadtech for dos ,but the first program I used at work was Auracad-Auramill for Machintosh .

It was great little thing and I loved it .But after that I had a chance to try even one of the early Pathtrace versions with 2 monitors and a tablet .

Auramill was great thing and under the Macintosh OS that in the days of win3.1.1was uncomparable.

Who wrote the proggrams on Apple ][ ?!?

Why dont some of you cnc software guys take some pics of the museum and post up here. I thought it started out as megan (Mark named it after his daughter?) Then was quick silver(?) ????? I didnt start till V3.

But. There is a room next to the lobby set up like a little museum with each version, articles, pc's that the versions ran on, etc. Even a life size model of V7's MC man.

Iskander one of my customer still runs Auracad-Auramill for Machintosh to this day.

I do all the complex programming for them.

But I was talking to them yeasterday about a project I am doing and I say any time now they are going to buy there first real 3D cacam system.

MASTERCAM.

I should take a picture of the computer with the Auracad running.

This also the system my father inlaw ran till he retired a few yours ago.

Anicam didn't have regular version numbers. I think the last version was 7GB. Which translates in to 1987 (7) - July (the 7th month - G= the 7th letter) - the second week ( B = the second week). Wierd version number system. 7GB is July 7th 1987. After that the product died when Clearcut came in.

Arlene is right. Part of Anicam still exist in the conversational side of the Anilam controls.

Quicksilver was Mastercam at the same time Clearcut was Mastercam. It was just the same product marketed under 3 different names.

And Yes: Megan is what the product was called before Mastercam V1 was released. I actually have a Mastercam V1 box with disks on my shelf.

Mike Mattera