Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to index hex material  in main spindle haas lathe for radial live tool drilling ?

Sam1

Hello 

Thank you guys, so, I attached  actual Mastercam 2021 file with toolpaths. I managed to do c-axis and cross-drill (radial drilling lathe). Problem is my raw material is hex bar. So, I need to index perfectly perpendicular to milling spindle.

Should I assume live tooling milling spindle at 45 degree ?, and then lock main spindle with M19  R 123.45 for example, will that work ?

1..mcam

Will need to set a C offset in the Work Coordinates of the machine one you indicate the hex into alignment then can be C0 all day along if you have the offset dialed in correct. Never make the work harder in CAM than it needs to be. If you have a probe you could do a C Axis alignment routine and do it that way, but always use the process of the technology to make your work the easiest.