Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is it bad form to ask for a machine sim?

medaq

Hello all,

We have recently placed our order for our shops first 5 axis machine, a Matsuura MX-520. We will have CAMplete for it later on, when we get training after the machine is installed in a few weeks. We did purchase a post from postability and have it installed and working. I have all the models of the mx-520 machine, and I am trying to build a machine sim my self for it. since I wanted to start playing with programs and checking clearance to get a head start. 

Currently I thought I was close with making a machine sim file on my own from watching some you tube videos and using that to get mine built. I have everything currently setup, with movements and limitations. But when ran, I get visual errors like on rotation the c axis table takes off. If I am reading the brochure right, the machine is A axis and C axis. I did a test nc file, and it outputs A and C axis movements. When I am running the machine simulation file the move list with in the machine simulator, it shows C and B? 

At this stage, was wondering if anyone had a mx-520 machine sim they would send over? But I am not sure if this is considered bad etiquette to ask on the forms? If it is, I would be confused why, I would think Mastercam and machine tool builders would want us programmers to have as much success as possible. If it is bad etiquette sorry for asking. 

10 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Honestly you should wait for Camplete. 

If you want help configuring the Machsim I can try and help you but note that it will not be linked to a Post processor. 

I understand camplete will probably be the best route. But that will be 3-4 weeks out. Meanwhile I would like to get a head and make sure on a few programs I dont need extra tooling ordered or extensions. 

Do you want me to send you an email with what I have currently?

Why did you guys buy an unnecessary post? I mean you got the best possible post you could but still. You would have been better served putting that money towards a workstation and let CAMplete do what it is bad@$$ at doing. Collision checking and getting you good code.

JM2CFWIW 

:coffee:

• Like 1