Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas UMC 750SS

james, kyle

this is what i received back from CAMplete..

Hi Jesse,

CAMplete does not support posting the probing paths from external CAM systems.

It does not have the ability to read the probing paths.

Having said that, you can program your probing paths directly in CAMplete.

For now, only the datum probing is supported and I don't know if any more development will be made on that front.

jesse

• Thanks 1

Correction... CAMplete does not support posting the probing paths from external CAM systems that are not Fusion360. :D

I heard a vicious rumor from a customer :rofl:when you get CAMplete you also get Fusion360. This cutomer programs their probing paths in Fusion360 then program their toolpaths in Mastercam then they merge the projects in CAMplete and simulate/collision check. I can probably help you navigate that if you want to go down that path. I've got the technology :D . :cheers:

:coffee:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

I heard a vicious rumor from a customer :rofl:when you get CAMplete you also get Fusion360. This cutomer programs their probing paths in Fusion360 then program their toolpaths in Mastercam then they merge the projects in CAMplete and simulate/collision check. I can probably help you navigate that if you want to go down that path. I've got the technology :D . :cheers:

I'll probably go the manual entry route when it comes to probing, I do like leon's workaround method (at least my limited understanding of it at the moment heh). But I did get the whole fusion package with our camplete so I'll keep that in mind lol

I really want to dive in on the CAMplete side of things because that's where my knowledge lacks the most, but sadly I've been just too busy on other jobs + drawing up workholding options like D.I.Y. tombstones for both the 330 and MAM (been fun but definitely takes some time)

guess I can't worry too much about programs + getting them to run if we have no way to hold parts + tools 😂

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Leon82 said:

I made a crude video of how I dew it

https://youtu.be/56XpEuvwkK4?si=Pr__u0Lx2V6BcVRN

Awesome, thanks for showing that. Great workaround!! 

After your G43 H## line, it reads G65 P9510 Z2. Does that mean the probe is "protected" from tool change position down to 2.0? If so, I like that. Sorry I've only been using a probe for about a year and in-process probing a few months max, so I'm still an amateur. and it's been the only spindle probe in my shop so I've got no one to go to besides the internet lol. I've always kind of strayed away from macro programming/modifying posts/things of that nature because it was confusing and I'm at a tipping point in my career where I'm definitely having to give in to progress further now 😄

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kyle F said:

Awesome, thanks for showing that. Great workaround!! 

After your G43 H## line, it reads G65 P9510 Z2. Does that mean the probe is "protected" from tool change position down to 2.0? If so, I like that. Sorry I've only been using a probe for about a year and in-process probing a few months max, so I'm still an amateur. and it's been the only spindle probe in my shop so I've got no one to go to besides the internet lol. I've always kind of strayed away from macro programming/modifying posts/things of that nature because it was confusing and I'm at a tipping point in my career where I'm definitely having to give in to progress further now 😄

Yes the z move is protected as well as any axis movement after until the zero return line. The initial xy rapid is not but can be easily changed to do so.

• Thanks 1
On 3/8/2024 at 10:43 AM, cncappsjames said:

Correction... CAMplete does not support posting the probing paths from external CAM systems that are not Fusion360. :D

I don't see a way to download Camplete without fusion now, even under the custom install tab