Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to get the NCI?

57 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

This parameter is not exposed in MW paths- There is a request open for this ability- R-25392

As I suspected thank you for providing the answer.

There however is a way to accomplish this task. The post needs to have logic built into it that stores the last plane matrix and then compares the next plane matrix. If they are the same then it will keep the lock already started with the correct trigger in place. If the plane changes then the unlock process is called and then the operation is positioned and the lock process is called.

Now where it gets tricky is if you have parts all sharing the same plane matrix in Mastercam, but on the machine have rotation offsets applied to them. Now you need to use a process that then looks to the changed WCS and by default would unlock and lock back the Plane called, but have no rotation called between them. You can trick it with one WCS and then different Planes rotated, but then you are only then using one Workoffset to control the different parts when you want to use different work offsets on the machine.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

As I suspected thank you for providing the answer.

There however is a way to accomplish this task. The post needs to have logic built into it that stores the last plane matrix and then compares the next plane matrix. If they are the same then it will keep the lock already started with the correct trigger in place. If the plane changes then the unlock process is called and then the operation is positioned and the lock process is called.

Now where it gets tricky is if you have parts all sharing the same plane matrix in Mastercam, but on the machine have rotation offsets applied to them. Now you need to use a process that then looks to the changed WCS and by default would unlock and lock back the Plane called, but have no rotation called between them. You can trick it with one WCS and then different Planes rotated, but then you are only then using one Workoffset to control the different parts when you want to use different work offsets on the machine.

How to creat matrix? WCS,Tplane and Cplane  are top.

3 hours ago, opcode said:

How to creat matrix? WCS,Tplane and Cplane  are top.

No that is not top that is something different.

Top is 0,0,1 and that is .40825,.40825,.8165 they are completely different. Clamp is usually controlled with a mi trigger so look at the generic posts and use them to help you reverse engineer your own solution. MPMASTER has this logic built into also. The generic 5 Axis post is another example.

24 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

No that is not top that is something different.

Top is 0,0,1 and that is .40825,.40825,.8165 they are completely different. Clamp is usually controlled with a mi trigger so look at the generic posts and use them to help you reverse engineer your own solution. MPMASTER has this logic built into also. The generic 5 Axis post is another example.

Ron is correct. Your feature is not at TOP, and the values you have entered into the XYZ fields represent the endpoints of the Z-Axis Vector which describes the orientation of the feature, relative to the WCS Plane. Those values (.40825,.40825,.8165) represent the endpoint of a unitized vector (Inch or MM, the 3D vector length is always "1 unit of length", so either 1" or 1 mm).

If you want to learn more about how Posts work, you should register and link your Hasp/License on the Mastercam website, and download a copy of the MP Post Documentation (listed under 3rd Party Developers section). To help put that document in context, I've uploaded several of my Post Processor Editing classes to YouTube. See the link in my signature. You'll want to start by watching all 42 videos of my MP 101 class, to understand the Post Language, NCI Data, and Posting Process, and then watch the MP 301 videos, which demonstrate how to configure the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post. Contact your Reseller to get a copy of that Generic Post Processor, and you can edit it to suit your needs.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Ron is correct. Your feature is not at TOP, and the values you have entered into the XYZ fields represent the endpoints of the Z-Axis Vector which describes the orientation of the feature, relative to the WCS Plane. Those values (.40825,.40825,.8165) represent the endpoint of a unitized vector (Inch or MM, the 3D vector length is always "1 unit of length", so either 1" or 1 mm).

If you want to learn more about how Posts work, you should register and link your Hasp/License on the Mastercam website, and download a copy of the MP Post Documentation (listed under 3rd Party Developers section). To help put that document in context, I've uploaded several of my Post Processor Editing classes to YouTube. See the link in my signature. You'll want to start by watching all 42 videos of my MP 101 class, to understand the Post Language, NCI Data, and Posting Process, and then watch the MP 301 videos, which demonstrate how to configure the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post. Contact your Reseller to get a copy of that Generic Post Processor, and you can edit it to suit your needs.

To add to that the Generic 5 Axis post is not tied to a MMD so anyone heading this direction needs to understand those limits with the older Generic 5 Axis posts. The next generation 5 axis posts do support MMD, but they are not free and someone will need to contact their dealer to get them.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1