Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Back c bore

mirek1017

On 12/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, mirek1017 said:

Hello all ,what cycle I can use for programing  back cbores?

That will depend on your machine's control and your post processor.

On a FANUC your cycle is as follows;

image.thumb.png.d09dd486e89418ed8dc4bd2aa237a12c.png

When the cycle runs you start the spindle at RPM, position (XY) the tool above the hole (G98 initial position), command the G87, then the spindle stops, orients, shifts(Q) moves to R, shifts back to center, starts the spindle, feeds to Z, Dwells (P if commanded), rapids back to R, spindle stops, orients, shifts(Q), moves back to initial position, restarts the spindle. Repeat at next position if desired.

HTH

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cncappsjames said:

That will depend on your machine's control and your post processor.

On a FANUC your cycle is as follows;

image.thumb.png.d09dd486e89418ed8dc4bd2aa237a12c.png

When the cycle runs you start the spindle at RPM, position (XY) the tool above the hole (G98 initial position), command the G87, then the spindle stops, orients, shifts(Q) moves to R, shifts back to center, starts the spindle, feeds to Z, Dwells (P if commanded), rapids back to R, spindle stops, orients, shifts(Q), moves back to initial position, restarts the spindle. Repeat at next position if desired.

HTH

Now get Mastercam to simulate and Verify that. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

depends on the type of tool that your using for the job. 

Theres is the type of tool that the tool stays on centerline of the hole the entire time, and an insert folds in or out when needed, Like Heule makes for example

theres also the type that cncappsJames is referring to above where the tool has a single insert, and is a smaller shape with the spindle stopped verses the spindle running, where we can enter off center with the spindle stopped, move do center, then up, then to the opposite to get back out of the hole

then there is simple t-slot cutters or woodruff cutters that could do the job with a single circular pass and return to centerline

and there's probably another type that i cant even think of. so thats at least 3 different ways we would be using the tool depending on the type of tool purchased.

so thats the real question we would need to ask before we could provide any more accurate ideas

3.PNG.bbb8673a15dacafbdc83d9cfa312dc61.PNGCapture2.PNG.f415671ad22658f515da7c2bdfba818c.PNG3ddd.PNG.8134ce44ebcbc8be939c4dc0aec56af3.PNG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JoshC said:

depends on the type of tool that your using for the job. 

Theres is the type of tool that the tool stays on centerline of the hole the entire time, and an insert folds in or out when needed, Like Heule makes for example

theres also the type that cncappsJames is referring to above where the tool has a single insert, and is a smaller shape with the spindle stopped verses the spindle running, where we can enter off center with the spindle stopped, move do center, then up, then to the opposite to get back out of the hole

then there is simple t-slot cutters or woodruff cutters that could do the job with a single circular pass and return to centerline

and there's probably another type that i cant even think of. so thats at least 3 different ways we would be using the tool depending on the type of tool purchased.

so thats the real question we would need to ask before we could provide any more accurate ideas

3.PNG.bbb8673a15dacafbdc83d9cfa312dc61.PNGCapture2.PNG.f415671ad22658f515da7c2bdfba818c.PNG3ddd.PNG.8134ce44ebcbc8be939c4dc0aec56af3.PNG

On 12/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, mirek1017 said:

This is testing part ,I will be use stainer  manual back canterbore  tool for 1st part 

https://steinertechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-Steiner-Catalog-Email.pdf#page=11

Here is what eh said he was using a removable style headed tool that has anti rotation notch on the end of it. That interlocks into the body of the Back Counter-bore tool and allow you to spin it. The arbor goes into the hole. The back counter bore head is attached. Use the tool bring to the desired depth. Then when done you back the tool away and remove it. The pull the arbor out of the hole. I have used tool like this for almost 30 years.

Here is a link to that posting from 17 years ago: Back Spot Face Drilling Cycle Post Mod

That is for a V9 Post it will not work in an X series post since that was before $ was used to defined MP system variables.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Here is what eh said he was using a removable style headed tool that has anti rotation notch on the end of it. That interlocks into the body of the Back Counter-bore tool and allow you to spin it. The arbor goes into the hole. The back counter bore head is attached. Use the tool bring to the desired depth. Then when done you back the tool away and remove it. The pull the arbor out of the hole. I have used tool like this for almost 30 years.

Here is a link to that posting from 17 years ago: Back Spot Face Drilling Cycle Post Mod

That is for a V9 Post it will not work in an X series post since that was before $ was used to defined MP system variables.

oh i missed that reply, that makes sense i actually used one of those a couple of times as well in the past, so just a matter of getting the M00 placed correctly prior to a retract, a few ways to handle this but the Advanced drill path would be in my opinion the easiest way because you can add any G or M code modifiers anywhere in a drill cycle with ease. if using an older version i would revert to toolpath editor but the new advanced drill would do this task easily then. 

• Like 1