Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surfacing arcs

Flycut

The quick way to think about it is that the little slidy-bar adjusts how much of your tolerance you're allowed to use to fit arcs.  If it's slid towards cut tolerance, you're saying that you have to hit that surface within .000475".  Your toolpath choice means that you need a bit more flexibility than .000025" to fit an arc to it.   By setting it to 50/50, you're saying that as long as it's within .00025" it can fit an arc. 

• Thanks 1

the way i always think about the slidy bar is, sliding it to the left means your loosening up the cut tolerance, giving less of a tolerance to the arc filtering, making the toolpath calculate faster because the toolpaths initial calculation can deviate from the real shape more. But with sliding it to the left your getting less arc filtering so less arcs will be fitted in and youll end up with more code

where when you slide it to the right, your effectively tightening up the cut tolerance so your initial toolpath calculation takes longer but will calculate more closely to the real part shape, but since the arc filter side has more room to move things around and fit in arcs it gives less code

in both cases the toolpath will still meet the total tolerance condition set on that arc filter page at the top. So your going to meet your total tolerance either way, and in a perfect world if we had no tool wear or tool deflection etc. the part would come out within that total tolerance, So i never slide mine to the left because i would personally rather have less code, i either leave it on 50/50. or ill take the slidy thing to the right so i get a longer calculating toolpath but fits more arcs and lines into the path. I think thats the easiest way to look at it for me and makes the most sense.

• Like 1