Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis parallel

mirek1017

Hello ,I am try use unified parallel toolpath  in my 4 th axis ,I am try avoid my s90 degr wall for collision ,Haw i can set up my tool for tilt oposite side to my wall 

se my pic 

1 minute ago, mirek1017 said:

Hello ,I am try use unified parallel toolpath  in my 4 th axis ,I am try avoid my s90 degr wall for collision ,Haw i can set up my tool for tilt oposite side to my wall 

se my pic 

image.png.8da1b0dbd467498eec69d77ffcf71922.png

image.png.687164bafd99c4aa6d2583fbff8adbc5.png

image.png.abdc86b47796163f0363e3cadaaadfb5.png

image.png.365eba286b77d9f340a58c155c1f692c.png

On the 4th Axis Tool Axis control setting you have point tool to rotary axis checked. Uncheck it. The 70 degree tilt is also a problem. To get exact control like I think you want where the tool does what will be needed, but then goes straight to the wall I would use Vectors to control my exact tilt where I wanted it. I was fighting to get the Tilt lines to work then I realized you had made the walls tilt avoidance surfaces in the collision control. Need to decide what you are after and work on section of these toolpaths at a time. I never change the base Collision control ever. I was taught to leave it alone and then use #2 - #3 and #4 for any other things. I change it to #2 and trim and relink toolpath and got the tool to stay normal to the floor all the way through the motion with tilt lines. Anything else would not make motion I would want on a 4th axis. 

image.png.93ae399745317d4205e1470fce2e47a8.png

Need to get a better understanding of Linking parameters and how to use the Clearance area. I set it up like so and used the origin as the user defined point for the 6" radius Cylinder and got a nice movement from one place to the other. I like using Replace Rapid with Feed in the Feed Rate Control section.

image.thumb.png.442ec3d2ef292f8d7cfa4042d48d8836.png

To get motion that looks like this.

image.thumb.png.b4dcb23dd0f5d17e73903cf4e49c5cf8.png

Here is link to the stripped down fie with just that toolpath in it. 5th Axis Answer for 202979 4th axis

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

One more question ,what is the best feed output for my 4 th axis programing ?

I use Haas VF11  my indexer is Haas HRT 450 B 

Thank you for all helping 

Well for the linear moves that would be G94 Inches per minute. For the 4 Axis moves on that machine if not a next Gen control with G234 then G93 inverse time will be your best option. That is a really old version of MPMASTER post so it should have and do everything you need. Need to make sure the control definition is configured correctly.

Yes, this my problem ,my postprocesor  input G93 on rotary ,but this very slow when I am testing on indexer 

When I am go on machine and punch  G1G93A1500.F6000.  is slow   when I am punch   G1G93A1500.F5.  I the same thing  the settings on my control for 4 th  and 5th axis dia. do not  help at all .There is same other settings on control 

25 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Your control definition is set to Degree/min for the 4th axis rotary in the file you linked. The Max Inverse feed rate is set to 1000 in the Machine definition. The post has a 0 value for the maxfrinv value as well.

"

The post has a 0 value for the maxfrinv value as well.

"

I do not understand this ?