Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Entities won't delete

Trapper Paul

Greeetings forum,

After I move items from one level to another sometimes the # of entities box will not "zero out".

There's are know entities left there but I just can't get the column to zero out, its more of a inconveneice than a problem. Any idea's?

I have notice that even after unblanking and deleting all entities, that the level manager will continue to say that there are items on that level. cuckoo.gifcuckoo.gif

If you save and then get file, they usually zero out. I think they have something to do with the undelete memory.

I had a few times that nothing I do would zero out that level. I just ignored it after awhile.

HTH

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

O.k Guys ,I`ll show you trick smile.gif

One condition :

in your configuration you must have acting shortcuts or Icons for screen->blank and screen->change level commands .

The file I am getting from Cimatron Elite (parasolid ) has dipersed entities for all levels .

What I do is following :

Open level manager .right click ->get named levels and import my level names

then I make visiblle used or named levels

Now I trasnsfer all entities to level 1 named main.

aFTER THAT I make active level255 named hidden

and make not visible level 1

A lot of other levels show number of entities yet we see nothing because they blank .

OK

Now screen->blank->unblank ,,,,~~>Mastercam shows all blanked entities!!!! at this stage I start new command from button or shortcut screen->change levels ->to level255 select all entities !!!>mastercam select all blanked entities and after moving them to level 255 I make escape.

Result ->all blanked entities in level 255 and I can make it nonvisible.

All levels that were with blanked entities are free and if they have no names I will not see them in operation manager setted to named or used .

I continue to separate my main level moving work surfaces to their level ,outer contour to it`s own and so on.

It is a matter of 5 minutes and a result ?

I deleted nothing .

So I will never have problems with assosiated entities and so on .

I can move my geometry ,transform ,do anithing I

wish and never ever any problems .

And I see only my 15-30 real used levels

HTH

ITHH