Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Finish Flowline

Grapes

I use surface finish flowline when programming often and I noticed the lines that appear under flowline data are missing. In the flowline data box I can see my surface that is selected and I can change my cut direction/step/start but I only see the arrow I do not see the "phantom" lines that used to appear, they would display which direction the toolpath would go.

I am wondering if this is a graphics problem or if I accidently changed a color in my configurations. I am not sure what to call these "lines" so I am having a hard time trying to solve this problem. 

I am using 2022. When I was programming with 2021 I did not have this display problem. 

Any advice would help, thank you!

Flowline.JPG

Tried to make a dummy flowline to see what your having. I noticed that if I toggle, let's say the "Cut direction" button, after 3-4 toggles all the plots dissapear, even the cut direction arrows, which in your case stays on the screen. If I then rotate the graphics view or just "touch it" with the middle mouse button, the plots and arrows appear again. Maybe this will help you... Anyway it's just a workaround, but it may let you at least proceed forward.. There is also the "Plot edges button" but it seems do do nothing...

Another thing - remember to click the button with the flow picture (on the bottom of the window in the "Flowline" section) in the "Toolpath/surface selection window, taht appear just after you select your surfaces.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I think the first thing I would suggest is going to NVIDIA dit com and getting the latest driver for the card...see if that addresses it..

Also, have you tried different background colors just to see if that's what's hiding them?

If that motherboard on that computer has an "on board" video card, make sure it is disabled in the bIOS

• Like 1
On 11/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, Jake L said:

I found the file but the lines show up for me, can't seem to replicate the issue.

image.png.c4c337205404c4d7024e6dd72a828a1e.png

I have the same issue with 2024 using the same colour background as @Jake L. I don't really use flowline a lot in teaching my students but just this week I was showing how to cut a radius at the top of a pocket and it happened several times.