Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2d contour mill Multipass aircutting

Azoth

4 minutes ago, neurosis said:

He knew everything about everything.

and he was 6ft 8, insanely handsome, women fell at his feet, he singlehandedly saved a fortune 500 company from ruin because he was so freakin' awesome

and he loved punching Nazis in the face. 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

You want a good time? Try just 100 operations in Gibbscam :lol: 

Hard pass thank you...

One guys explained Gibbs Cam to me this way..."forget everything you already know about any other CAM system, Gibbs doesn't work that way"

I cannot say if that is accurate or not but after that, no desire :)

15 minutes ago, JParis said:

Maybe...

I am into another 500+ operation file, I can only imagine the havoc that could be wrecked in a file as such, with all the rotations,  ops and tranforms and stock models...

It would be great to be able to lock levels etc to stop any accidental movement etc....vis a vie Autodesk and yr 2010 enhancement requests.... :whistle:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jobnt said:

I've got over 35,000 hours of seat time with it between Mastercam and Gibbscam. 

I just blew the cobwebs off the 'ol memory bank and bashing the abacus I reckon a max for me is between 10,000 to 15000.

But I am TheeNewbeeee and prolly spent most my time in OT :hrhr:

21 minutes ago, JParis said:

One guys explained Gibbs Cam to me this way..."forget everything you already know about any other CAM system, Gibbs doesn't work that way"

Gibbs is very different than other systems. It's much easier to learn and do basic stuff. It also does really complex stuff too but you're kind of locked in to their way of doing it. And their posts are proprietary.

With Mastercam there's 7 ways from Sunday to do just about everything. Think Macintosh vs Linux. 

4 minutes ago, JParis said:

How would you lock "live" backplot lines....from that standpoint, you'd have to lock every operation, which you can already do...

I think he means accidentally dragging and dropping operations inside the ops manager. Huge problem with no UNDO to speak of. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

I think he means accidentally dragging and dropping operations inside the ops manager. Huge problem with no UNDO to speak of. 

In that respect yeah...I don't know if I have good trigger finger discipline or what but I've been very lucky in that respect. I've had it happen, I have been lucky it's been minimal  🤞