Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

company logos

madmulligan

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You can with the Mastercam Engraving (Raster/Vector COnvertor) Add-On. Ther are also some free utilities out there that will convert to a vector format you can read into Mastercam. Do a search for the word Raster and some good links shoudl come up. I know we've visited this before.

HTH

I use WinTopo Freeware

I learned of it from Rekd in an earlier thread.

If you can search for that thread you can find the link to the WinTop sight.

this will give an imediate simple solution to what you ask for, but cleaning up the file may be to laybor intensive for some folks.

Welcome to the Forum

Yes I had to take an STL and create our Logo for a Sign out of Acrlyic for the front of the Building. The sheet is 3' x 6' by 1-1/2" thick. I made our logo about 24" tall by 1.3" deep with completly curved surfaces. They are going to fill the cavitites with color clear plastice and it will give the logo as well as the company name and wording a 3d effect. When they finish it I will post up some pics.

Some of the parts I've gotten in the past have come in on an AUTOCAD file. The part was drawn inside of a template that had borders and title blocks for printing. It also had company logo. I was playing around, and accidently found that the logo was geometry and was readable with the dxf converter. I was able to make an engraving program from that.