Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2024 Reopens as soon as I close it

JB7280

I've had a number of issues since I installed 2024.  But the one that I haven't been able to fix, is that every time I close an instance of MC, it reopens as soon as I close it.  Then once I close that one, it stays closed.  Any ideas what could be causing this?

23 hours ago, JParis said:

image.thumb.png.dbadb7924b1ead2ef96f4ca4cb475288.png

I was so hopeful.  Unfortunately the issue persists, same as with the guy in the other thread.  Gonna shoot my reseller an email, although I'm sure I'll get the standard "You're gonna have to call Mastercam for that one" response.   

1 hour ago, JParis said:

Did you reopen your config file to make sure it had not reverted back to be checked?

It's a strange one I have never seen unless that box was checked

Yup, I opened config back up, and it's still checked.  

28 minutes ago, gcode said:

Doesn't Windows have an auto restart after crash switch as well?

It may, but this isn't crashing.   Or at least I'm not getting the dialog box anyways.   

If you unchecked it and it is re-checked again, something restored it...

That makes me ask if there is Microsoft One Drive running?

If it is, it is set to backup that config directory and you'll have to either turn it off or remove that directory from being backed up..

I chased the One Drive issue for several hours until I figgered it out

10 minutes ago, JParis said:

If you unchecked it and it is re-checked again, something restored it...

That makes me ask if there is Microsoft One Drive running?

If it is, it is set to backup that config directory and you'll have to either turn it off or remove that directory from being backed up..

I chased the One Drive issue for several hours until I figgered it out

Crap, sorry, I meant to say it's still unchecked.   

• Like 2

While you're waiting, if you feel like being IT, you can hit Start menu, start typing "computer management," then, go to Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications and see if there's any errors in there that might point you the correct direction.  For example, on my system, I know how to crash Cimco editor.  It's not Cimco's fault, but it looks like I need to reinstall the C++ redistributable, I just haven't gotten around to that yet...

That's really convenient, because that's the only app I have that I can get to crash reliably which made a great screenshot:

image.thumb.png.8e68c5fe6e0842202604e1ec49000929.png

Look at the Faulting Module Path, and start a googlin'.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

While you're waiting, if you feel like being IT, you can hit Start menu, start typing "computer management," then, go to Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications and see if there's any errors in there that might point you the correct direction.  For example, on my system, I know how to crash Cimco editor.  It's not Cimco's fault, but it looks like I need to reinstall the C++ redistributable, I just haven't gotten around to that yet...

That's really convenient, because that's the only app I have that I can get to crash reliably which made a great screenshot:

image.thumb.png.8e68c5fe6e0842202604e1ec49000929.png

Look at the Faulting Module Path, and start a googlin'.

I'll check that out tomorrow.   Thanks!