Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Retain Misc. Values???

David Eno

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually there is a way. I do it all the time. I call this postblock from ptlchgcomon and it evaluates the condition of mi8 and saves it's condition for use later.

code:

if mi8>1, pcctrlon

pcctrlon

if mi8 = 1, pbld, n, "G8P1", "(LOOK-AHEAD ON)", e

if mi8 = 2, pbld, n, "G5.1Q1", "(AICC ON)", e

if mi8 = 3, pbld, n, "G5P10000", "(HPCC ON)", e

prv_mi8 = mi8

!mi8

pcctrloff

if prv_mi8 =1, pbld, n, "G8P0", "(LOOK-AHEAD OFF)", e

if prv_mi8 =2, pbld, n, "G5.1Q0", "(AICC OFF)", e

if prv_mi8 =3, pbld, n, "G5P0", "(HPCC OFF)", e

!mi8

HTH

dave,

do you mean during the creation of toolpaths or posting of toolpaths?

During toolpath creationg the where the default Misc values come from can be contolled in screen configure, but if you change one then do a another operation of the same type, that change isn't remembered. You can use the edit common paramters in the ops manager to edit them across multiple toolpaths to make them the same.

As far as when posting, you coul duse the predfined postblock ptoolend. Ptoolend gets called at the end of the current operation right before the next 1011 (Misc Reals) is read.

I hope soem of this helps!

Jim,

Th edit common doesn't work very well with the misc int.

if you have mi1 = 1, mi2=4 in the first toolpath

and mi1=0,mi2=3 in the second toolpath.

Using edit common to change the mi1=1 for all toolpath will reset the mi2 value to whatever value the selected toolpath have.

Is that true? or I am missing something here?

Please advise. Thanks

Hello. Thank you for your responses.

I'd like to retain the misc. vars during toolpath creation. That is, if I do a Toolpath, Contour and set some of the vars, I'd like them to remain the same, by default, for the next toolpath.

In particular, I use a misc. real for the tool length for our Thermwood 5-axis CNC router post. I just have my post add that value to the known distance from the pivot to the face of the collet for calculations. It would be nice to not have to click on the Misc. Vars button to change that one value every time.

Thanks again.

David are you using the Tool-Eye on the Machine and do you use the G52 Fixture Offsets on that Machine to me the only way to fly. I can set up 10 different parts with 10 different fixture offset and do 3 axis and 5 axis to all the parts and never have a problem. I know this really goes against the G92 way but I have found that I d onot and problay will never use spoil board again on the Thermwood for the type of wrok we do. I make very complex molds and Models and others things and this way has proven invauleable. Matt and a couple other guys Run the Thermwoods and if we can be of help just ask.

HTH ans just my opinion use my advice with catuion and with a grain of salt.

• 1 month later...

Why don't they go back to the way they had it on version 6. You could check which ones you wanted to change. It had 2 buttons also that would do "ALL ON" and "ALL OFF" to help in adjusting. We are having a problem now because it is used a lot to make changes to programs and now is taking longer due to going into each operation so you do not disturb the Misc values that should not be changed.

David Eno,

I may be misunderstanding here because I am tired tonight but as I believe Ron said above, do you have the numbered questions set for the defaults in the post?

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Default Miscellaneous Integer Values

301. Miscellaneous integer variable 1 (mi1)? 0

302. Absolute or Incremental [0=ABS,1=INC] (mi2)? 0

303. Miscellaneous integer variable 3 (mi3)? 0

304. Miscellaneous integer variable 4 (mi4)? 0

305. Miscellaneous integer variable 5 (mi5)? 0

306. Miscellaneous integer variable 6 (mi6)? 0

307. Miscellaneous integer variable 7 (mi7)? 0

308. Miscellaneous integer variable 8 (mi8)? 0

309. Lock on First WCS [0=No,1=Yes] (mi9)? 0

310. M00 before operation [0=No,1=Yes] (mi10)? 0

This may help?

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Connormac,

pcctrlon is a postblock I created to handle the different Contour COntrol methods, Look Ahead, SHPCC/AICC, and HPCC. pbld is block delete. If you use canned text, you can insert block deletes in the program and wherever you see pbld is where a block delete would be inserted.

Here's the mi values I use...

code:

# Default Miscellaneous Integer Values

301. Miscellaneous integer variable 1 (mi1)? 0

302. Absolute or Incremental [0=ABS,1=INC] (mi2)? 0

303. Miscellaneous integer variable 3 (mi3)? 0

304. Miscellaneous integer variable 4 (mi4)? 0

305. Miscellaneous integer variable 5 (mi5)? 0

306. Miscellaneous integer variable 6 (mi6)? 0

307. Tool Breakage Detection [0=No,1=Yes] (mi7)? 0

308. C. Control [0=No,1=Lk-Ahd, 2=SHPCC, 3=HPCC] (mi8)? 0

309. Lock on First WCS [0=No,1=Yes] (mi9)? 0

310. M00 before operation [0=No,1=Yes] (mi10)? 0

HTH

James

Help .

I put

if mi9>1, pcctrlon

in my ptlchg line . I don't have ptlchgcomon.

under that I put

pcctrlon

if mi9 = 1 & machtyp = 5 , n, "G08 P1" , e

if mi9 = 1 & machtyp = 4 , n, "G08 P1" , e

pcctrloff

if prv_mi9 = 1 & machtyp = 5 , n, "G08 P0" , e

if prv_mi9 = 1 & machtyp = 4 , n, "G08 P0" , e

Then in line 309 I put

309. C. Control [0=No,1=Lk-Ahd] (mi9)? 0

but I still don't get G08 P1 for machine 4 or 5.

banghead.gif

Help!!

Ok let me see if I can explain and hope this makes sense. The post is really juts a long math problem the if in the post are just what they mean if this is equal to this amount then do this for the nc code. Then you may have if with a greater > than sign for an amount so let us say it is if zout is greater that .25 then do this and the post will do what ever it is asked to do if that amount is greater than .25. Where if that amount is less than .25 it will not do it or possible do nothing or it may have the else below it and do that if there is one for that if statement. This line

code:

breaks down like this ( if the vaule in mi9 for this operation is equal to 1 and the machine type is equal to five the output in the nc code will be G08 P1). If you do not have the machine type equal to 5 and you do not have the mi9 equal to 1 then nothing is going to happen and what you are looking for the be output will not happen. My comment is to make the mi9 vaule 1 but you would have to also make sure the machine type is 5 or 4 also for this to work correctly in the post and to get what you are looking for to come out right. By having the zero in the amount you have taken away one of the pieces of the equation to be completed but if the other is not completed then you will still not get the output in the post you are looking for.

I hope that was helpful.

Kyle I like them all. 9 ball for thinking or snooker. 8 ball fun playing with friends and 3 ball just for the heck of it. All types of rules and handicaps I have played and use to play just about everyday but got married had some kids and well not much anymore but never pass up the chace if I got it. Chess has become my game of late and helps to get my mind of work and things.

Ok let me put it this way you need a 1 and you need to set the machine type the right way to get what you want.

My only question would be where in the post did you decribe the machtyp varaible and how do you make that 5 or 4 which what it has to be for what you have their to work.

Ok you have this:

code:

pcctrlon

if mi9 = 1 & machtyp = 4 , n, "G08 P1" , e

pcctrloff

if prv_mi9 = 1 & machtyp = 5 , n, "G08 P0" , e

if prv_mi9 = 1 & machtyp = 4 , n, "G08 P0" , e

and it does not work. In on the MISC page of the operation where you have been putting that 1 instead of the 0. I want you to change the above to this:

code:

pcctrlon

if mi9 = 1, n, "G08 P1" , e

if mi9 = 1 , n, "G08 P1" , e

pcctrloff

if prv_mi9 = 1, n, "G08 P0" , e

if prv_mi9 = 1, n, "G08 P0" , e

and see if it works if not call your dealer and send them your post to take a look at along with a sample program that you put the 1 in the misc page and it did not work and see what they think.

HTH

[ 07-18-2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Ron Branch ]