Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath editor

23 hours ago, SuperHoneyBadger said:

Without permanently hijacking this thread, and while you are here - can you give us the elevator pitch as to the advantage of 3 Axis Deburr over Contour 2D/3D in deburr mode? I have been looking for the major differences and have not seen a post that outlines it. Most of the info seems to be "if you like 5axis deburr, you'll love this" and I don't have multiaxis to know what I'm missing!

I honestly haven't messed with the new 3 axis deburr but multiaxis deburr is IMO a total game changer on a 3axis machine. drop in a nice lollipop cutter and you can get some pretty rad results and a way nicer looking finished product when it's not just some simple orthogonal part.

• Like 2
On 3/13/2024 at 3:19 PM, bird2010 said:

If you are using 2D contour, you want to change the partial path feed rate to apply the change to all depths
"Maybe" Toolpath editor is not a faster way
You can try using the "change at point" function
sorry, I am not good at English

image.png.e8874437fa9541aec1a7f5cff5a93759.pngimage.png.07f42099211c0895db5db38deed2ddfe.png

I mean, well, if only, by now, there was, a graphical toolpath editor.... :ice:

:sofa:

10 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

I mean, well, if only, by now, there was, a graphical toolpath editor.... :ice:

:sofa:

sounds good !
It would be better if the tool path editor could support mouse deletion using window selection.
The remnant path will always have some unwanted scattered paths.

If the change at point dialog window can stay and does not disappear, and can support continuous clicking of line segments, and finally press OK, it will be more convenient and faster.
But now you can only click once and you need to confirm it once, and you have to do it repeatedly...

On 3/14/2024 at 11:08 AM, Aaron Eberhard said:

Another way to do this is to use Convert to 5 axis, then use a Feed control Zone on the inside pockets to slow it down.  It'll work volumetrically, so any changes to the input toolpaths will be instantly updated.    I can grab a video tomorrow if it would be helpful.

I can't understand English but I can understand the video. The video is very good.

I have used this function, but it seems that it cannot set separate feed rates for multiple blocks.
Is there any operation method that I don’t know that can be implemented? Thank you

On 3/15/2024 at 10:45 PM, bird2010 said:

I can't understand English but I can understand the video. The video is very good.

I have used this function, but it seems that it cannot set separate feed rates for multiple blocks.
Is there any operation method that I don’t know that can be implemented? Thank you

Curve 5 Axis is you only choice. Make the motion from it and then use toolpath editor.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:36 AM, SuperHoneyBadger said:

We have a few dinosaurs around these parts too, good to hear you guys are looking out for us when it comes time to post!

Without permanently hijacking this thread, and while you are here - can you give us the elevator pitch as to the advantage of 3 Axis Deburr over Contour 2D/3D in deburr mode? I have been looking for the major differences and have not seen a post that outlines it. Most of the info seems to be "if you like 5axis deburr, you'll love this" and I don't have multiaxis to know what I'm missing!

Be nice if arc filter did just that and made arcs verse no filter on some tool paths that do make arcs, but I digress.

Speaking of the toolpath editor... Where the heck did it go?

MC2024, need to edit some jump heights which I've done many times before, right click on thge drilling toolpath in question, go down to toolpath editor, and it brings me to the screen where I can add points to drill. The editor in the screenshots here is gone. 

Must be something right in front of my face...

1 hour ago, volitan71 said:

MC2024, need to edit some jump heights which I've done many times before, right click on thge drilling toolpath in question, go down to toolpath editor, and it brings me to the screen where I can add points to drill. The editor in the screenshots here is gone. 

For holemaking toolpaths, this is done right from the Toolpath Hole Definition panel where you select the entities- just right click on where you want to make the change:

image.png.eba9d9ea57a77f1978ba97be1fb18477.png

image.png.1adfe4dd5dc9b1b4917220e387fa9261.png

Points that received edits will show the pencil icon in the first column:

image.png.7182fd1945456c0de282abfdafb326dc.png

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, volitan71 said:

Instead of editing the jump heights, try using "automatic linking" on the Linking page..   It's more betterer. 

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

Wow thanks for the video Aaron! Looking forward to training (I'm Dave Wilson BTW :hw:)

Just tried this, I have some clamps to clear, I put them in as Workholding but it still won't jump them. Wopuld I have to make the clamps and the parts one m,odel for this to work?

image.thumb.png.5eb0399ef48fa7333eeae290911a70bc.png

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, volitan71 said:

Wow thanks for the video Aaron! Looking forward to training (I'm Dave Wilson BTW :hw:)

Just tried this, I have some clamps to clear, I put them in as Workholding but it still won't jump them. Wopuld I have to make the clamps and the parts one m,odel for this to work?

Dumb question... will the tool actually hit the clamps? It almost looks like you have the clearance. Not saying I wouldn't want the tool to retract over the clamps, but if Mastercam doesn't see a collision it doesn't care how much of a "close call" it is.

14 minutes ago, Jake L said:

Dumb question... will the tool actually hit the clamps? It almost looks like you have the clearance. Not saying I wouldn't want the tool to retract over the clamps, but if Mastercam doesn't see a collision it doesn't care how much of a "close call" it is.

Hard to tell from that angle but it would hit

image.png.c248a6f5489950b5964d7c4337904517.png

image.thumb.png.346259f6f066efee7b8aa216afca48b4.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, volitan71 said:

image.thumb.png.5eb0399ef48fa7333eeae290911a70bc.png

Yep, I didn't show it on the screen (my bad!) I only put it in the comments on the video...

On the toolpaths type page, add those to the "avoidance geometry"selection... Then auto linking should work fine.

• Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Yep, I didn't show it on the screen (my bad!) I only put it in the comments on the video...

On the toolpaths type page, add those to the "avoidance geometry"selection... Then auto linking should work fine.

Looky there. Way easier than jump heights. It's funny to hear my methods as something from "waaaaaay waaaaay back" LOL

Can't believe I didn't look over there and see Avoidance

Thanks again guys

image.thumb.png.d4504ccc9a76cf887c8b1854ee1bba0a.png

• Like 1