Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hasp for my X5 seems to have died ? Told by supplier there is no replacement available ?

2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

Our C-Axis lathe has a Siemens 840D controller on it with shop turn software. The Shop Turn software is really powerful and easy to use. We have MC lathe license but the Shop Turn software for R&D one offs is really convenient as you can "copy", "cut", "paste" from existing programs. 

When I bought the lathes with Shopturn (this was 810D), I had looked at Fanuc Manual guide and laughed. And also wasn't "that" impressed by Mazatrol (on an Integrex i200).

The Siemens was awesome, and latterly fully endorsed by the late Tim M. 

I never looked at the Okuma though - didn't know anyone in the UK with one but was also far too spendy for my short arms :lol:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Your license is governed by your local Mastercam Reseller and they call the shots

Aint that the truth... He didn't so much call the shots, but scream the shots. :)

*hucks rocks at him* LOL

Good to hear from you Colin :)

• Like 1

Been there and done that with other softwares and machine interfaces and they all have some good stuff but when you work in a company with thousands of CNC then you are better making your own Macro Canned cycles that can be used on 99 percent of the controls with min change to the program for compliance

Fanuc and Siemens and Okuma and Makino and Doosan and many many more machines i can use the same cycles over and over again and a next generation in high volume production machining ----------Most machine struggle with organiszing 30 and 40 and even 100 ATC tools and so it makes sence --------I know i would rather see people use Mastercam for profiles and for many yrs to come and older ones still being used