Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why im banned¿?

10 minutes ago, ikertx0 said:

I try to enter emastercam and I always end up with the same notice

https://ibb.co/KLnT6Np

any admin?

I don't click links I don't recognize for safety reasons so I'm not sure what's there, but I can tell you there's no ban or restrictions on your account as far as I can tell. Sometimes our anti-bot system will put the brakes on someone trying to access the site if it's noticed a lot of unusual traffic and that can occasionally catch innocent, real users. Sometimes even I'm forced to watch a loading screen.

If you can post a screenshot here of what kind of message you're seeing that indicates you're banned I can take a look

2 hours ago, SuperHoneyBadger said:

I can replicate by clicking a few links to the site quickly.  Maybe 3 or 4 within a few seconds.

All of those ribbon button-clicking skills are starting to bleed over into the rest of your life...

• Haha 8

I got this same alert as well.

In an Edge browser on a PC, I was not able to access any page of eMC.

From my Android phone, using Chrome I was able to access the front page, but got the banned notice when I tried to access the forum.

I'm so proud. It's my very first ban,:rtfm:

• Haha 6

Our IT guy has looked into this, he had recently modified the rate limiting settings based on recommended levels to catch malicious bots and other such reprobates/degenerates but apparently it was low enough to catch some particularly speedy legitimate users. He's raised the limit so it should help prevent some of these site-crashers without interfering with legitimate human users, hopefully. Let me know if it keeps happening and we'll tweak it some more

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DanielGingras said:

particularly speedy legitimate users

That's makes sense

We've got 1g up/1g down here.. I just ran a test and it's running about 850K each way on my desktop

My Android phone is running through a guest Wi-Fi network which is running 150K

That would explain why my desktop was totally blocked and my phone could still see eMC's front page

13 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

All of those ribbon button-clicking skills are starting to bleed over into the rest of your life...

Same cat-like reflexes it takes to nab the big-red-button just in time.

I'll defer to decades of video games for those - mad tight ribbon skills are a happy consequence, lol

• Haha 1
Hace 3 horas, DanielGingras dijo:

Nuestro informático ha investigado esto, recientemente había modificado la configuración de limitación de velocidad según los niveles recomendados para detectar bots maliciosos y otros réprobos/degenerados, pero aparentemente era lo suficientemente baja como para detectar a algunos usuarios legítimos particularmente rápidos. Ha elevado el límite, por lo que debería ayudar a prevenir algunos de estos ataques a sitios sin interferir con los usuarios humanos legítimos, con suerte. Déjame saber si sigue sucediendo y lo modificaremos un poco más.

Thank you so much!!
Today I can navigate without problem

• Like 1
On 5/9/2024 at 8:09 AM, DanielGingras said:

Our IT guy has looked into this, he had recently modified the rate limiting settings based on recommended levels to catch malicious bots and other such reprobates/degenerates but apparently it was low enough to catch some particularly speedy legitimate users. He's raised the limit so it should help prevent some of these site-crashers without interfering with legitimate human users, hopefully. Let me know if it keeps happening and we'll tweak it some more

Dear InHouse,

I never thought this would happen to me, but....

This morning, I was banned!

May need to loosen it up Jjuuuusssttt a smidge more :)

• Haha 3