Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Haas Z Transition Fault

Hi Guy's,

You just have to love this buisness biggrin.gif

I was wondering if any of you Haas users, had come across this problem. It is alarm #226.

What happens is when it goes for G53 Z0. on its way to next toolchanges, this Z Transition Fault

Acures. We are talking to Haas right now, and they think it might be a servo motor.

But if was thinking that maybe I could be lucky one you guys know.

Thanks

Lars

Sorry not giving out the nescesary details. It is a 2000 Haas VF-3 with the highspeed spindel (think belt driven) our 1996 VF-3 has the nitrogen, but I can not see it in this model.

I will try the servo test, man we have onely had this machine running for a couple of weeks, since our last problem, that was a switch on the toolchanger.

Thanks so much guy's, I apreciate you effort to help.

Herbert,

I am what you would call a EDM guy, I have onely been playing with Mill for about 8 months on the side. I am normaly using a Haas Minimill, and I have not verly had any problems, besides the machine is not very rigid. What I understand on people around here and other qualified people, is that Haas is good for the prize, but you are getting what you are paying for. Easy control to learn though.

Lars

Lars.. I agree the control is one of the best. And you do get what you pay for. I once worked with a VB11 which is a 5 axis gantry mill and the company bought it new for about $269,000. This machine had non-functioning canned cycles in 5 axis mode that were the result of a un-tested software revision. It ran very rarely without trouble. I think if I paid over a 1/4 mil for a machine it had better work. I have progammed virtually all of the V series mills from 94' on up and have noticed a definite decline in quality.

Well Herb we have 2 SS machines we got back in Decemeber we have gone through 4 motors on the bad boys and will be getting upgraded to the 15k spindles when I get time to allow them to come in here or when these finally take the dumb that is coming. Great Machine when it is running but when it not running well I will say this curse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif . I had the VF4 cutting at 1400 IPM today roughing down some AB and Ren Shape. The SS machine si alot more rigid thanb the standard model and I like the 1.6 sec toolchanger. I also like the etherent and 20 gig hard drive just to bad that was extra stuff to buy to get that functionality.

It isn't confined to you Haas' gentlemen; one of my Okuma VMCs with 1067 spindle-run hours on it ate a spindle bearing yesterday. The machine is out of warranty. The spindle, less return credit for mine, is around $3500. WTF? The dealer is working with us on getting it fixed quick and who pays for what [Morris rocks] and I have 11 Okuma machines and this is the first one we've ever had trouble with (we have some LNC8 Cadet lathes that have run 2 shifts for most of 8 years without even needing spindle belts) but I couldn't help but look across the aisle at my 1983 Matsuura 760 with original everything [less a couple of boards] and say....WTF happened here?

Sh!t breaks; I guess

C

We just had Fanuc in to replace a sensor on the sub-spindle of our sl200smc lathe. They were here nine months ago to do the same thing. Last trip cost $4500.00 this trip $2700.00 Mori has since made a design change to protect the area from chips. Guess we need to make a guard ourselves.

As Chris said,

quote:

Sh!t breaks; I guess

Phil