Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I'm new here, can someone give me a post for a Mori Seiki Duracenter?

zorak

Heh, just kidding!!

Just got pointed to this forum, looks fantastic. I had planned on asking for a post, but after reading the faq and some past requests, I think I'll pass on that. wink.gif

In one of the threads, someone did say that it might be ok for a newbie to ask for a small segment of code...if that's not frowned on, I'd like to make that request. We have a Mori Seiki Duracenter 5 coming in this week, and I need a small program ready for the movers/installers to run. So all I really need is some 20line thing

with a tool change in it, and I'd be most appreciative.

Btw, I did call our mastercam rep (Oregon), and was not given much help. The hitch is that we have version 6.0. His advice was to upgrade to V9, heh. Our current post is for a Tree VMC.

zorak

quote:

We have a Mori Seiki Duracenter 5

Welcome to the forum. cheers.gif

It's nice that you actually read the faq's...

I like your humor! wink.gif

Mori Seiki Duracenter 5

With what control???

If it is a fanuc,the ones off the V9 cd should do it.

I'm not sure what posts came with the V6 cd.

I could give you one of the generic V9 fanuc posts but not sure how it would work.

Welcome to the group. These are great bunch of people to help with any problems. I spend most of my time just being a "sponge", but on occasion I'll ask for help which comes quickly and with many different opinions.

With all due respect, I think your dealer gave you the best advice. I have to use V7.2 once in a great while and it seems like stone age compared to V9. I can't even remember what V6 was like. Upgrade to V9=GOOD!

Yes, our Tree VMC1050 is Yasnac control. I'm not sure about the style number, but MX3 rings a bell.

Upgrading to V9 or X is tempting, but we just don't currently do anything complex enough to warrant it. It's a rare occasion when I use anything other than G0, G1, and some peck/drill/tap cycles. wink.gif Consequently, I don't really know much about this stuff, or how important it is going to be to have a tailored post for the new machine. It comes with something called 'MAPS', which apparently is an included cam system with its own post, right on the machine.

I wish I had known we would be getting the machine a few months ago...we needed to engrave some stuff while moving on Z (think of drawing a smiley face on a basketball). V6 wasn't able to do it, so I called the rep and got a quote for moving up to V9 (with the X upgrade included) for something like $2500. Instead we went with

Microcimm's "Wingraver" for $700 to do the job. Aargh ^ 3.

But, might have to bite the bullet and upgrade. Thanks for all the posts, this looks like a great forum.

zorak

What level of V6 are you running. i used to do alott of engraving on complex surfaces back then due to my mold make time.

But I would for sure look at the upgrad just becuase of the new features that make your like easy..

I am not sure were you are located but why not ask for a 30day trial from your dealer to show the boss some of the new features like Assoativty.

Can you tell me what state you are in.

(Running "Entry" level.)I would say look at Level 1 , Has alot more things that can be done without a large cost.

(we are in Oregon, near Portland.) Cool not to far from Califonia.

I would talk with your dealer and have them show you the level one and ask for a 30 trial to show the boss.

I for one think you are going to fit in just perfect. It is funny to see those come in here and get mad or never come back after their first posting you for one have showed a sanse of humor we all can apericate. We like to help and better this profession. Look at the investment in V9 as a way to get that wrok you are not doing or getting now. You work at it for a month or so then make some name plates or something snazzy that has 3d surfacing then send out to all your present customers and any you would like to get promise you will be turing work away left and right. Easy to seperate yourselves from everyone esle just by showing everyone you are not everyone esle and I get that from your first posting. Make it what you need and do what you should and everything will just fall in place.

Welcome to the forum and hope we see more from you and others like or not like you just the more here and the better we all get.