Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programmer name?

specv

What would be the best way to post out the programmers name from my post, i just hired another programmer and we both use the same post as it is on the network. I have my name being posted right now but how can i make it per computer?

TIA

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

In the post, search for "progno"

On the next line make it like this;

code:

n, "(", "*** PROGRAMMER - SEYMOR BUTZ ***", ")", e

HTH

i would rather not use seperate post's. I was wondering if there was a variable that could be changed in the config files of each computer. that way when i edit the post i dont have to make a copy everytime i change something in the post(which is often)

lol @ Rekd

im not really looking for a quick fix, its just something the i would like to figure out so that i dont have to type my name in everytime, either i would have to type it at the prompt or edit the code so that doesnt really save any steps.

Rick

I have my post customized so that when i post a program it puts in the date, programmer, file name, tool list, program numbers and offset numbers without entering in anymore than just the program number in the first operation.

Heavycut

I am going to work on the misc integers thing, hopefully that will work.

thanks

Pete,

Here is how I do it. Just edit the post accordingly. If you have any questions, email me.

code:

pick : 0  

code:

fq 1 pick Enter Programmer's Number [1 for Pete Heyer, 2 for John Doe] 

code:

pcollect   # Collect info

while pick < 1 | pick > 2, q1 #force programmer to enter a 1 or 2

Add to PHEADER in first line

code:

pheader    # File header

pcollect

HTH

HF

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Me personally, I have my posts not post all the header stuff. No date, time, etc, no line numbers either. I go through all my programs from top to bottom and if for some reason my name has to be in the program then I'll just put it there. I will name the program in relation to what it's doing though.

Heavycut's way of doing it is the only one that sounds like what i want. i dont want my post asking me questions about who i am...lol. I figured this would be farely easy. The only thing i need to know is how to post a word for the value in misc integers.

Pete,

You will be surprised how easy the code is that I posted earlier. When you post, it will ask the question at the bottom of the screen, "Enter Programmer's Number [1 for Pete Heyer, 2 for John Doe]".

Unless you enter 1 or 2, it will not continue.

Sorry, forgot this code under pcollect:

code:

pcollect # Collect info

while pick < 1 | pick > 2, q1 #force programmer to enter a 1 or 2

if pick = 1,

[

sprogram = "Pete Heter"

]

else,

[

sprogram = "John Doe"

]

I did not put how to output the name, thought you could do it on your own. But here is an example :

code:

"(PROGRAM NAME - ", sprogname, ")", e

"(PROGRAMMER'S NAME - ", *sprogram, ")", e

"(DATE=DD-MM-YY - ", date, " TIME=HH:MM - ", time, ")", e

If you want me to email you a copy of this in action, just sent me a request by e-mail. I'll be happy to help. So many people have help me and I just like to pass it along. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

HTCIU

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif