Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Side projects, whats yours.........Hey Hardmill!

chad fisher

About a month or so ago I posted needing help on a raster to vec translation. Hardmill helped me out and gave me some geo to start with. It was rough but a big thanks goes out to you Hardmill.

The parts i made were for a friends 30 ft checkmate with twin blown 454's. I made a new swim platform, new air cleaner lids for the K&N's, and engraved all of his valve covers. Below is the out come. I am still polishing some of the pieces then when i am done our idea is to get them blue anodized.

What side projects have any of you been working on?

4.jpg

0.jpg

1.jpg

Hey Chad...Awesome work!

What a sweet ride! cool.gif

I am interested in designing / machining Pinewood Derby cars when one of my CNC's is free. I got the idea from the old "car.ge3" sample model that came with an earlier version of Mastercam. All I needed to do was tweak the model to fit inside the standard size Pinewood Derby car block and then machine it. It came out very nice and it was lightning fast. Unfortunately, my designing skills are limited. I have many ideas for some radical cars, but I don't get to use Mastercam for designing much, so it's hard for me to implement my ideas. I am almost exclusively at the machining end of the process, so I never really learned to construct a freeform 3D model from scratch.

If anyone else here is interested in this side hobby, I would love to hear from them. I'd love to get my hands on some other car models to play around with when time permits. wink.gif

Any input or resource would be appreciated!