Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Speed and feed calculator.

Bruce Caulley

In all the years that I used Mastercam, I have never really had good luck with calculating speeds & feeds. Try this link for Cimco Speed & Feed. I like mastercam to get that info from tool and not the material. Than the tool libraries could be saved according to the material you're using. Less foolproof? It's been working for me. HTH

I made separate custom tool libraries for different materials and never use calculator and would never trust this important task to any calculator ,even the best .

I prefer to set them myself (BTW ,they can be specific to tooling ,flute geometry ,rigidity of setup ,machime ,machine power and more ,more ,more ...)

• Like 1

I use the Cimco Speed and Feed calculator with the book, Machining Data Handbook, 3rd ed. (vol 1). Then I look at the cutter paths, machine, and method of holding. I make any adjustment from there, purely based on experience and gut feelings

Just my thoughts . . . headscratch.gifbiggrin.gif

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Thanks for your replys,

What I am actually trying to do is generate a new set of tool libraries specifically for some ongoing work with dedicated tooling and known material qualities, without needing to add in all of the figures manually. I know that calculated speeds and feeds are never accurate, but the problem is that the feed function does not seem to be working on my system. Are there any switches or configs that need to be altered.

I spoke too soon. Feedrates do not match what they should be. eg. surface speed 100m/min feed per tooth per rev .1, diameter 3mm, flutes 2. All over-rides set at 100%. Should be something like 10600rpm and 2100mm/min.

output from speed and feed calculator is 20000rpm and 24mm/min. Max spindle is set at 20000. What am I doing wrong??? Can the formula be manipulated in mastercam somehow??? This has become a bit of a personal crusade to get this working whether I end up using it or not.

Bruce

mad.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifmad.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifmad.gif