Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Kerry vs Kerry

Rekd™

Rekd,

as always good stuff smile.gif

mcaminic,

looks like Kerry made up my mind for me eek.gif

this and his wifes un-American,shove it comments

(below copied from other thread)

John Kerry on Defense -- I hadn't seen this list printed before. It

would make one heck of a mailer if it were sent to voters.

He voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle

He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank

He voted to kill every aircraft carrier laid down from 1988.

He voted to kill the Aegis anti aircraft system

He voted to Kill the F-15 Strike Eagle

He voted to Kill the Block 60 F-16

He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade

He voted to Kill the B-1

He voted to Kill the B-2

He voted to Kill the Patriot Anti Missile System

He voted to Kill the FA-18

He voted to Kill the F117

In short, he voted to kill every military appropriation for the

development and deployment of every weapons systems since 1988 to include

the battle armor for our troops. With Kerry as president our Army will

be made up of naked men running around with sticks and clubs.

He also voted to kill all anti terrorism activities of every agency of

the U.S. Government and to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%, to cut the

funding for the CIA by 80%, and cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.

But then he voted to increase OUR funding for U.N operations by 800%!!!

Just trying to bring some balance to this generally one sided (politically) forum.

People seem to use the phrase un-American for something they disagree which I deem unfair. That is why I ask in all seriousness what does un-American mean?. Secondly I have as much right to be on this forum and respond to postings as the next person.

If one wishes to start a political thread one then one has to deal with responses to that political thread.

The response to the un-American was to iowajim not rekd.

quote:

I have as much right to be on this forum and respond to postings as the next person.

May I point out that we are ALL guests here and the only person that has the RIGHT to be here is the operator of this board. He pays the costs here, not us....

So act accordingly, as a GUEST (even though we are members) and continue to enjoy the information exchanges that happen here.

JM2C

quote:

What exactly does un-American mean?

I think it refers to the United Nations being on American soil. cool.gif

OR it could mean "It is nothing less than a threat to the American way of life!"

Back when Thomas Jefferson was writing the Declaration of Independence, he made an important tweak to the classic Lockean formulation on inalienable human rights: "Life, liberty, and property." Jefferson changed it to "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

One of the great things about the American way of life is the freedom of speach. The members of this forum holds many different political views. It is our rights to freely expressed them without the fear of retaliation. Let's keep it that way. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Just my most humblest opinion . . . biggrin.gif

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Code Breaker, I agree. We have to let everyone speak their mind honestly. We can disagree without beating up the other person or resorting to personal attackes.

If this forum is mostly Republican, I think it's because most CNC Programmers are smart, educated, logical and rational thinkers.

You can't "feel" your way to a good machined part. You have to think it through.

mcaminic,

No problem here bro.

Just strong American beliefs biggrin.gif

Fifth generation American here and all five generations have been in the service. So whenever anybody starts saying bring home the boys it undermines the current administrations decision and the troops morale. If we just pullout then all those who died over there have died for nothing IMNSHO. And I for one don't believe that we were wrong, just didn't do it right in the first Gulf War imo. As for all the people who have suffered under Sodamn Insane it would be like a slap in the face to bail out now.

jm2c

quote:

As for all the people who have suffered under Sodamn Insane it would be like a slap in the face to bail out now.

+1000 biggrin.gif

Changes are, if we bail out, then all the underdogs of the world will loose their big brother. I also think there is a chance that Sodamn Insane may regain his throne. That slap in the face will resonate throughout the free-world.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

What exactly does un-American mean?

From my experiences on this Forum, I'd say it apparently means anyone who is a free-thinker and puts their allegiance to their country and the constitution above their allegiance to the President.

Of course, I know you're all ready with that funny little 'flame thrower' icon, or perhaps the guy paddling the other guy on the head.

cheers.gif