Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal CNC 88 HS question

I'm not familiar with DNC MAX, but we do it like this.

At the command line, type "CD,8 " 8 signifies a 9600 baud rate (9=19200, 10=38400). Then go to the PC and do what you have to send the program.

I'm not sure if that was much help. frown.gif

Thad

sub routines or sub programs I would not use on a drip feed. If you got to drip it make it al one program and no subs in my humble opinion.

On the Fadal Screen hit DNC as suggest earlier and you will be fine. TA,1 on the Fadal screen sends the program to memory where as DNC put the machine in a wait till you send the program to the machine. Once it is sent go to the machine hit the green button and you are ready to run. Thanks to the Help of James and Roadhog just got a Mori Lathe doing DNC and it worked like a champ.

Fred, you should be able to leave the control on Command Prompt and at the DNC software setup a protacol for output DNC first or you can just put DNC at the header of the program.

Then send to the machine and the fadal will go into DNC drip feed.

Just did a DNC install like this a week ago.

quote:

So I put it at the very start of the file? before anything else?

Thank's

Go to your machine and type at the enter command section dnc,0,0,0. I uses dnc,2,2 for multi-dnc.

After you type that the machine should be ready, go to your dnc computer and send the file.

Go back to your machine and hit cycle start 2wice to start it up. If everything is ok it should start the program.

Jim

Fred,

I use 2 Fadal CNC88 controllers every day to drip feed to 2 machines w/ Cimco DNC Max. There are a variety of methods as mentioned, but the simplest is just to type 'dnc'> enter from the command mode at the machine control, then send the program from the PC to the machine.

Another method I use for the machine furthest away from my office is to open the cimco DNC Max server window and click on the 'Manual' tab. Choose the machine (port) from the list, then right-click on it and select the 'send file advanced' option. Your NC directory should now open. Pick the file you want to send, then click OK. Your file will now be loaded into the send window and you will see a box labeled 'send at start of file'. In that box, type in 'dnc'>enter. Now when you click OK, the file will be sent to the controller with the dnc command preceding it. As long as the control on the machine was in command mode when you clicked OK, the machine will be in 'waiting' mode when you get there, then all you need to do is press 'start' and off you go. (Did I mention that I am a lazy carbon blob like most CNC programmers?)

All the other stuff like baud rate, parity, stop bits, and so on need to be set in your Cimco port configuration parameters menu for that machine (port), and the corresponding settings must be the same in the controller's memory. Use the SETP command to enter your controller's parameters menu to make sure the baud rate at the controller is the same as in the Cimco parameters, then you don't need to mess with that again. As far as I know, this works in both Format 1 and 2.

There is also a way to loop the program to send it multiple times to the same machine, but I haven't yet perfected that procedure. If you want to send the same file again, just put the machine in command mode, go back to the PC and repeat the procedure. This time, the last program sent will appear in the 'send file advanced' window and the dnc command will still be in the other box, so all you need to do is click OK to send the file again. This is great for repeating the same part over and over without too much hassle.

Let me know if you have any problems. Good Luck!

cheers.gif

an interesting note. make sure the program has neither the ta,1 or the dnc. then you can mid start a file. From the machine control type

dnc,3200,enter (starts at line 3200) then go to your computer and send program . it will search modals and pause at that line number. press start.