Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File associativity

Lumpnut

Greetings,

Is there a way to associate a text file to a Mastercam file? For example , When atempting to open something in mastercam , you would be prompted or could visibly see that there is a text file regarding the Mcam file. headscratch.gif

Chris

Enpath Medical

[ 08-12-2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: NuNu ]

Could you add a note in the "file descriptor?" When you save a file, there is an option to "prompt for descriptor." Check it and see what happens. To call it up, when the file is open, File-Next menu-Properties. I'm not sure what the limitations are on this.

Thad

Thad,

quote:

Could you add a note in the "file descriptor?" When you save a file, there is an option to "prompt for descriptor." Check it and see what happens. To call it up, when the file is open, File-Next menu-Properties. I'm not sure what the limitations are on this.

This seems cool. I am trying to figure out a way to print it out without doing a copy > paste operation.

Thanks

I prefer the dedicated layer info in my files and it has specific level #55 .

I put notes there- records for use ,changes ,what to do and so on.

All I need is to open file and look over level 55 .

And much safer then dedicated *.txt file ,cause it is inside the same file .

Regards ,WTP ,bearwolf .