Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machining text???

Fralex_francois

I don't don't have the engraving package here, I just go create,next menu, Letters, and define how I want my text to be. When you put it on your drawing it will be lines and arcs. Ths way you can use to drive a contour. This is how I mark all the tooling I build here. Just turn cutter comp off and drive the letter you create using centerline. I usually use a .250" ballnose or .250" 90 deg spot drill here. Just depends on what I'm doin or how I feel that day. the same process cen be used with other tool also. Just depends what type of work you are tryen to do.

quote:

compensation is off I've put 2d chamfer with .005

What do you mean "2D chamfer"??

You want to machine the letters using 2D contour. banghead.gif

Make sure that your tool compensation in your contour parameters is set to OFF!

This will allow the tool to do it's path right on you letter geometry.

I do this all the time too for marking our tooling.

I use a 1/16" c.drill with .010 depth.

Or am I missing something here??? rolleyes.gif

Fralex, FYI you could also engrave drafting notes made in mastercam or other software. Select Modify/Break/Draftline than select your text and hit done.

+1 for not using the lead in/lead out option, and I'm also confused about your chamfer comment.

-I've choose contour

-My cutter comp. is off

-lead in/out, not check

if I don't put the 2d chamfer, it don't want to go. I don't have the error message in front of me but at 5h30 I will be able to say what it say cause I'm not on the computer that has MC.

I will post it tonight and BTW if I try to do engraving they ask me for access code so I suppose I don't have this option... banghead.gif

I tried, but banghead.gif it's not working. if you check tonight or tomorrow you'll see.

Just want to make sure you do like me: when you do create/letters you choose your police and everything then it the starting point and it create it. Does it create like pocket letter or just line cause me it's creating pocket but so small somewhere there is .0047 between the two line...

Franck,

Here are the steps I take.

I use a Diamond Cutter with a 45 deg or 30 deg tip. Under Define Tool I use .0001 for the diameter of a taper Mill

1. Toolpaths == Contour
  2. Use window or chain or select entities
  3. Under Contour Parameters:

1. Contour type: 2D or Ramp (I use ramp)
  2. Compensation type: off
  3. Leadin/out: off
  4. Multi passes: off
  5. Filter: off
  6. Enter depth

click OK

This should do it for you. If not e-mail me a sample of your engraving that doesn't work.

envoie moi ton dessin francois je vais regarder sa

en passant n'utilise pas window pour faire la sélection utilise plustot chain

j'ai aussi modifier les lettres de BOX pour qu'il soit dans 1 chain et non plusieurs ligne

cheers.gif

p.s, en passant je travaille souvent de chez moi les soirs et weekends j'ai beaucoup de programmation donc je suis souvent on line si on peux dire

comment as tu fais mario pour les mettre en une chaine au lieu de tout petit segment???

et c'est quoi BOX??

P.S. Moi je suis sur le forum le jour et le soir rarement parce que au garage j'ai pas encore internet mais a la maison oui.(c'est du garage ou de la maison que je travail sur mastercam parce que le jour j'ai un autre emploi...)