Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t windows login

Gary

Hi my boss was mssing with the network setting on his computer and now it asks for a log in name and password on the boot up. I have tried starting in several different modes and cannot get past the log on. Any ideas would be great. The o/s is windows 2000 professional.

Thatnks in advance for any imput.

No i am just trying to get the computer to copletly log up. I cannot get the desktop to come up. He was messing with something and is not sure what Something in the network setting he said. He does not no the log on username or password either. The puter is not on a network. I'm just trying to get it up and running for him. Its a box he brought home for his girlfriend.

SAM Inside is another one....but I think it's not free.

If they encrypted any files doing hash insertion will not allow you to see any of the files under that user. Be aware of that.

LC5 is d*mn near full proof. It will eventually get the password. If it is a common dictionary/hybrid..it does it no time flat.

That a looksee...

With any bootable linux CD you could navigate to the system32config folder and copy out the SAM file to CD, floppy, thumb drive, etc. Then send me your sam file and I can give you the pwds...if you like. And also if this is really for a legit use only would I do it. HTH

A dirty way if nothing else goes .

Take off your hard disk from this computer ,put on some other with Xp or 2000 as a second disk ,set Bios to see it (must jumperize it in proper way )

Now boot this computer ,find in the disk from first computer in /winnt/folder default logon screen saver something like logon.scr .change its name to logonbackup.scr .

in the same directory copy from winntsystem32

file cmd.exe and name it logon.scr

take off your hard disk ,return to the first computer ,boot it ,wait for 20-30 min approx and when a cmd exe command shell will appear write in it

c:winntsystem32control.exe userpasswords

User manager will appear and you can create new administrator account or change password for old one

boot your system ,delete fake logon.scr and restore name for logon.scr

instead of taking of a hard disk you can use Linux with kernel supporting NTFS5 or NTFS2dos professional

Teh hack yourself bear

It is rather simple .

Most of distributions have recovery boot mode .

You run it ,get init1 root without password .

You do not need nothing else

Set new password for root and that`s all .

All this is if sticky bit for root directory has aappropriate value ,otherwise it is a bit harder .

Also ,repair floppy disks like tomsrtbt boot you as root with a known from head password ,You mount filesystem and proceed

Here is much better info Linux-Complete-Backup-and-Recovery-HOWTO

HTH

Next time instead of breaking account create a new one(root) ,much easier task LOL

PS I made this thing four time for various friends ,2 times Red hat 7 , 1 time Mandrake 8 and the Best Linux both .

Brent ,give me a phisical access to any computer and I will grab at least nessasary data or will create full rights account .

On any OS .

That`s what we learned when I studied system administration ,cause to protect you must know how to breAK THROUGH .

If someone want to keep secrets he must check his workers for leaks and loyality and protect phisically his computers

(locks ,guards and so on )

No OS can hold on agains a guy with a floppy disket in hand and a penguin in head .

PPL ,protect your computers ,all the passwords are bull$%^& !