Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

allocations

DavidB

Hi all,

I did a search and found lots of info.

My question is I have 1 gig of ram and when trying to caculate a tool path I get a message Toolpath allocation to low.

Current settings 128000 for both Data base and Toolpath allocation.

From the forum search I found I should be able to easly put data base and toolpath allocation to.

quote:

With a gig of RAM, I am running:

This puts me at 535.5 Mbyte. I have had no issues even with very large (18-22 mbyte) files.

This quote was from MetalMavels.

I put these figures in and I still get Toolpath allocation to low.

Recently installed XP service pack 2.

If I try to increase Toolpath allocation anymore I get a Rellocation Error?

Thanks in advance cheers.gifcheers.gif

Hi David

i,ve got my allocations set up the same as yours (must have had the same teacher or installer) smile.gif .

What graphics card are you using and what have you got your hardware acceleration set at?

I tryed your scollip file the other day and had the same problem as you. Sorry i did,nt get back to you but i could,nt shed any light on your problem anyway.

Regards Darren

cheers.gif

Hi Dazza,

My graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro4 900 XGL.

I installed MC on another PC and I could caculate the scallop Toolpath. Its the only thing I could do. My PC is on paper the most powerful PC on site, Go figure?

Thaks for the reply mate.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

David,

I have experienced low toolpath allocation recently with pocket rough toolpath. I ran TPCFG chook and unchecked "Constant Z ops:use FastZcut Technology."

This let me program without a hitch.

Here is an excerpt from the help in that Chook:

FZT is enabled by default. However, it may be more efficient to disable FZT in the following situations:

¨ When a typical part size is small relative to the cut tolerance and Z stepdown

¨ When you run multiple sessions of Mastercam

¨ When you need to set the toolpath memory allocation less than 50MB

To disable FZT, deselect the checkbox on the Toolpath configuration chook dialog box.

Memory allocation requirement

FZT requires a significant amount of memory. FZT uses the toolpath memory allocation set in the System Configuration dialog box. (Choose Main Menu, Screen, Configure, Allocations). The toolpath allocation must be at least 50,000KB (50MB), but you may wish to increase it. The upper limit is ½ of the computer’s physical memory.

For example, if you have 256MB of physical memory, set the toolpath allocation to 125,000KB (125MB).

Maybe this will help. headscratch.gif

After programming the trouble toolpath, I go back and enable FZT.

running 9.1 MR0904 Level 3

lynnz