Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

out of USA Mastercam job postings

RandleXX

This can't be the first time you have heard of Americans travelling in Europe and telling the locals (when asked) they are Canadian. The stereo typical American tourist is a loud, opinionated, arrogant, intolerant, cigar smoking Texan who thinks everywhere in the world should be just like Houston. This does not represent all American tourists but it does represent the ones who get noticed.

To give you an example. I was once on a ferry boat in British Columbia, Canada and watched as a guy with a southern accent beratted one of the ferry workers because the ship wasn't flying the American flag off the back. When it was explained that ships fly the flag from their country of origin off the back he gruffly said the stars and stripes should be flown there as a sign of respect. There were around 50 people who he made a lasting impression on that day.

I believe some US travellers pose as Canadians so as to not have to get into political discussions and feel the need to try and defend US forign policy to those abroad. My wife (born and raised in Seattle) feels this way at parties. As soon as folks find out she is American (and one who proudly refuses to also take out Canadian citizenship, I might add) they start asking her why the US does....this ..and ..tha t..and ..this ..and ..that as if she has a direct phone line to the white house and has evening policy chats with Dubya himself. It is just easier to fly under the radar.

I suppose I will get flammed for this but it is what it is.

Phil