Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

emuge npt threadmill and mastercam

perfecseal mankato

I am trying to get an emuge 1/8-27 npt threadmill to work with mastercams threadmill cycle.

I contacted emuge and what they said to do in mastercam does not seem to work.

Has anyone else tried this using the threadmill.

I used a circle .399 diam. threadmill diam.= .301

-.302 deep 9 cutting threads and .75" taper /ft.

(all supplied by emuge)

I really do not want to hand write 600 holes

with there cycle, lots of cut n paste.

mastercam mr0304 mill level 3 all up to the current maintenance updates

Not true three. You have to put the taper into the thread mill page so the interpolation follows the tapered wall. otherwise the thread mill will not make a true thread all the way up the hole.

IF the thread mill goes to the bottom of the hole, rolls around 360 degrees and comes up the taper of the thread mill will will "fall" away from the tapered wall. By putting a 1.7889 degree taper value in the thread mill parameter page the thread mill will roll around the hole while keeping 100% engagment between the thread mill and the reamed hole.

HTH

cheers.gif

ok, its to small of a difference to show with the toolpath.

I will try to splain,

If you take a tapered tool, and go to the bottom of the hole then without following the taper up the hole you will loose contact with the thread mill. The thread mill is ground to the NPT spec, the hole is reamed with a pipe reamer, (or should be) those two tapers match, right? right.

If the thread mill is pulled straight out, you will get a gap, or clearance that will start between the two tapers as soon as the mill starts retracting if the taper is not put into MC. By putting the taper in the ops page you will get the required code to keep the 2 surfaces in contact before the arc out and the tool completing the thread.

Did i explain that ok?

cheers.gif