Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Erase Toolpath in Repaint

Richard@WCCH

Any suggestions how to toggle this setting off? I've tried Screen> Configure> NC Settings> Tool Display> Default Display and clicked off Repaint Toolpath, but it doesn't change the setting in the Backplot Display menu. In each new session of MasterCam I have to go to the Backplot Display and turn the toggle off and I'd rather it stay off.

Thanks for any help,

Richard

I believe he's talking about in the backplot display settings, you can uncheck "Erase Toolpath in Repaint"(it's checked on by default), which allows you to dynamicly rotate your part after backplotting with your toolpath still appearing on screen....makes it much easier to tell if there's any unwanted moves in your paths

I too would like to know how to make this setting default to off, as its a PITA to have to go into the backplot display settings every time I boot MC...I dont believe this can be changed through Sceen>Configure and Ive been looking in the mill9.cfg and mill9.txt without any luck so far...

Thanks eveyone. I can tell I'm going to like this forum.......

Ezra explained exactly what's happening. I need to be able to dynamically rotate the views to inspect the surface toolpaths and if I don't uncheck the Erase Toolpath in Repaint my toolpaths disappear. I'd like to start up a session of MasterCam with the check box unselected by default.

Thanks again.

Richard

ØØØØØØØØØØØØ*******************ØØØØØØØØØØØØ

I believe he's talking about in the backplot display settings, you can uncheck "Erase Toolpath in Repaint"(it's checked on by default),

ØØØØØØØØØØØØ*******************ØØØØØØØØØØØØ

Oh, I just removed my head from my arse and tried it myself. I need to read the threads more carefuly. I guess a CHOOK is the only way if someone is willing to write one. Here's a thought though. One thing I do when verifying surface passes is use the SNAPSHOT function. This way you can visualy see if the cutter violated the surface.

I vaguely remember reading about a Chook that would let you do this as well as change other settings that aren't accessible through Screen/Configure.

Someone posted here about it, maybe bryan314??, but it was a loooong time ago and I can't find it again. It was probably written for V8, but one of our chook gurus could probably make it work for V9 if it still exists.