Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rifle/ handgun components wanted (MC9)

PE @ IHS

I believe there are a few members on the forum that machine rifle components. I could use a few sample files if you are allowed to share. Please email to my attention, and I will love you long time, GI.

My primary interest is in the breach block, carriage, and other metal components, not in the stock or barrel itself.

thanks

At my last job i translated programs and set up and tuned the process for machining the slides on a SIG p229 9mm hand gun. Before i left i was starting to reprogram the part in MC. I had to start from scratch and reverse engineer the whole part. The only drawings we had we on paper and not the latest rev either

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif Had to go by the actual part and the dims we were checking them too in most cases. It was a very nice fun project at the time. The parts are still being run from the translated programs. I translated them from a YASNAK control on an old MATSURA to a FANUC control on a new MATSURA. And wouldn't you know it they had more options turned on then we did curse.gifcurse.gif

But got it running .

If you would like i could e-mail the 3-d solid of the slide to you. not fully finished and not programmed but still nice to look at.

Peter-

Nothing as good as the link from Steve, but I have a model of the 1911 frame. I had to buy it as I didn't have any good links like the one above.

The project is only a square block of stainless so far........one of these days I'll get on it.

Good luck, I think it is great fun, and hopefully I'll get mine done before I die.

I've been thinking for years about making 50+ round metal magazines for the Ruger 10/22 pea-shooters. Maybe we need to start a "forum project"...

You do the breech, I'll do the mag's, there's plenty of great router guys here for the stocks....who's forging and gundrilling these days? biggrin.gif

that would be a great G job. If it's good, maybe we could get a picture on next years mc calender. biggrin.gif

suckysucky

This discussion reminds me of a friend I had in high school. This guy was a superb nose tackle and still is a mechanical genius. Today he owns and runs a marine diesel engine repair company. I remember his "egg zooka". It was cobbled together out of a scuba divers spear gun but it sure could launch eggs with devistating accuracy. I think the statute of limitations has everyone involved in the clear, but I think it's best not to mention names.

biggrin.gif