Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Josh Kris Axsys Inc.

Cadist most never do then they go and complain to their dealers we are a bunch of mean hostile people who know everthing and them high post people are just a bunch of a-holes. wink.gifrolleyes.gifheadscratch.gif

Yeah so such is the forum and seems so in much of life. Certain people in life do not want to follow the rules they want something for free and if you dare point it out they need to read or follow the rules and try to push them in the right direction you are the bad guy.

I have given my posts away in the past to other forum members, but I would never give it to somebody with 1 post under his belt & crap for info in his profile. I don't know who he is or what he does. You gotta give a little to get something back in return.

quote:

why do people get so pissy when someone requests a post?

Jmc, Sorry if I sound rude, but have you made a post yourself. Man I found it a real sweating job to get a perfect job. And I will not give it to any stranger. as robk said

quote:

but I would never give it to somebody with 1 post under his belt & crap for info in his profile.

cheers.gif

quote:

Jmc, Sorry if I sound rude, but have you made a post yourself. Man I found it a real sweating job to get a perfect job.

from complete scratch, no. Yet I have modified my fair share of posts, from lathe to 5 axis mill posts. One of them happens to be for the tosnuc control. My belief on giving them away freely is is that I know how frustrating it is to puchase a expensive cad/cam package only to find out that you have to learn a whole (or at least part of) language (MP post language) in order to get a post to work the way you want it to.....

James, if you did the work, then its yours to give away; have at it.

The reason that people get a little jacked up here when new members come in the door asking for a post is that most of us learned how to edit posts on our own so that we could get the code just like we want it to look and are professionally insulted by people who won't invest their time in becoming at least familiar with post processors and how they work. Many members have asked for post help and been given fully tricked out posts in return by other members because they are liked and respected here for their knowledge, contributions, and expended effort. If this guy had been around and helped some people out for awhile, or said 'my post spits this, but I want it to spit THAT' he would've been helped out immediately.

Oh...and the forum rules kinda say not to ask for a post...

C

chris...

I do understand that reasoning...yet when a new person makes a request such as this the responces are far from cordial....

So the guy didn't know the rules...and assuming that he/she paid as much as I did for Mastercam, you can imagine how discouraged a person can get...kind of a double insult.

Assuming he paid for it. That is a big assumption. Tell him to call his dealer and have the dealer request your post. Then send it to him and or his dealer. But them you know he has a dealer and is not a pirate.