Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS machine setup

beginner

Hi, everybody,

I tried "Z then G28" but all the spindle got sent home. How do I avoid moving the table where I just want my Z axis to go up in the most effection manner?

The reason I asked this is I have quite a few tools to set length so I would like to see the Z axis go up without moving the table so that I can set the length for the following tools quickly.

Please advice. I am still a beginner in CNC machine!

I agree on the .1 increment button on the HAAS machines. What I would like to disable is the jog lock button on ours. The guys lock this on when traveling in the negative Z axis and usually crash my tools. bonk.gif I have done a little reading in the parameters and have not found it yet. Who orgaanized those parameters anyway? headscratch.gif Does anybody know offhand how to disable this feature? The guys at out tool supply house would love for me not to fix this. biggrin.gif

Any advice would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

The guys lock this on when traveling in the negative Z axis and usually crash my tools.

Geez oh pete, talk about a bad idea. why not just go ahead and throw your tools in the scrap hopper to start with. It would save time. Has anyone explained to these guys that they should'nt be using this feature, ever. bonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gif

beginner

Matt's suggestion of the 'Next Tool' button to touch off is the best for what you are trying to do

one shot

yes, the parameters in the Haas are setup a little screwy; Fanucs are worse, though

I looked around through my [sh!tty] Haas book and couldn't find what you're looking for

C

Keith,

Its a setting, cant remember the exact one - the mill's are in our Indiana plant. Scroll thru and see if you can find it. These mills are less than a year old, that may make a difference too.

If you cant find it, let me know and I can have someone take a look for me.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...