Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR0105 Problems

Bruce Caulley

Morning all,

Just loaded MR0105 as well as the PAUTO as well. Now I can't open the file that I was working on before I updated. MC just freezes. The file will still open on another station so it is still there. I thought it was a memory allocation thing so I set them the same as the other pc and still nothing. I can open smaller files though.

AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU

Bruce

ssaults,

I've had that message before on certain jobs. Workaround for me is to run TPCFG chook and switch fzt off. Then contour finish runs without a problem. When I'm done, I run chook again and switch it back on. Kind of a pain, but gets the job done.

All is good here with the MR0105 update.

lynnz

Hi All smile.gif

Has anyone else experienced any File_Converters_Autodesk_Read File instabilities with MR0105?

While testing this function, I've had Mastercam crash consistently the 1st time I try to read in an Autodesk file. frown.gif If I then re-open MC & go thru the same steps again, it will work fine. headscratch.gif This has happened on both .DWGs(AMD) & .IPTs(Inventor).

quote:

Has anyone had tool path allocation to low problem with fzt on? (surface finish contour)

I got this on the first file I programmed after the updeate. I doubled the allocation and everything is fine.

At the moment I am having an odd problem with Surface-Finish-Leftover. I am getting a "no leftover zone found" error when there should be eight places to cut. I'm going to post the file to the FTP soon if I can't find an error on my end.

It's nice to see the version with alt-v!

That's it for now.

Paul

ssaults and lynnz,

Paul McGarr is right on the money. Save yourself the hassle of turning the FZT technology on and off in TPCFG.dll. Increase the Toolpath Allocation value to something greater than 50,000 and you will never see that error again. You will also benefit from the faster processing speed of surfacing toolpaths.

From the Main Menu select Screen-Configure-Allocations tab. Toolpath allocations is the last field. One word of advice. Use values in serial numbering range similar to memory values (64K, 128K, 256K etc...). Also try to keep your total RAM allocation for Mastercam at or below 1/2 of the total physical RAM (ie approx. 512Mb for every 1Gb of RAM) on your system. HTH cheers.gif

Peter,

My allocation is set at

128000K for database

256000K for toolpath

I have 1 gig of memory.

I have upped the memory when I get the 'toolpath allocation too low' message and still get the same results. I tried several different settings when I upped it.

Can you make a recommendation on exactly what to set it to so it will run? Funny thing is when fzt is switched off, I can complete the toolpath without a hitch and get that machine running.

I have gotten this problem maybe 3 or 4 times since fzt came out so its not like it is an everyday occurance. We do run with fzt on and use surface finish contour almost daily. We machine foundry tooling.

lynnz