Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Version X

Milan

quote:

Thad,

could you be more factual???

Sure. I know it's "true" because there are hundreds (?) of beta testers here at the forum. They are bound to a promise of silence while testing, therefore your dealer could answer any questions that you might have.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I am a Beta Tester and yes X is "Factual". I am bound by a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) which prevents me from saying anything beyond what CNC Software has stated either in print or in some other media format that is available to the general public.

As Thad stated, if you want more information, please contact your local reseller. Have a nice day! cheers.gif

HTH.

"This is only an observation and a logical one at that but if it's taking this long to get "X" to market it must be terribly buggy."

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that with previous versions they were building on the same DOS kernel. If you're switching your whole software architecture to purely Windows based there is a LOT of changing and QA to do.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...This is only an observation and a logical one at that but if it's taking this long to get "X" to market it must be terribly buggy...

"...Logical One..."

You're entitled to your opinion....

Looking at it from the first glimpse I caught of Alpha, they have added a tremendous number of things. They locked adding more functions in Beta 6 I believe. Now we are in the serious testing phase. Is it taking a long time? Certainly. Is it for cause? Absolutely. Mastercam has made it clear that they will not release it until they are confidant it's ready. You guys want it right, right? I heard that EVERYBODY at CNC SOftware is testing Beta X for a minimum of 1 hour per day, even the receptionist. Why the receptionist, that more than likely has no idea about pprgramming/machining? Because that persone will do thing to the software that any one of us would never do in a million years. The effort is a Bazillion percent behind releasing the best CAD/CAM System on the market.

As Tom stated this is a "From the ground up" application. Previous versions were just built upon. To give you an idea of how much more streamlined things are... mill9.exe is 13,992 KB. The new executable is 3,332 KB.

That's my take and I'm sticking to it!

quote:

"...Logical One..."

You're entitled to your opinion....

Observations are not opinions.

quote:

That's my take and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks for the info. That's more than we've ever gotten before and very enlightening. Helps to understand the long delivery.