Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 6m tool change

joe m

I have a Hitachi Seiki with a Fanuc 6m.

We had a horrid noise coming from the Z axis. Turned out to the bearing on the end of the Z axis servo. We replaced it put everything back together and the noise is fixed but the machine will not tool change. It references fine and every other function seems OK. Do we need to "reset" some setting in the control?

As stated above the machine position is your only concern.

And yes your machine will zero return, and your screen

will read 0.0. But any time you remove an encoder you do

need to reset your limit switch. Dumb as it may sound

a little bump may do the trick. I should have said

almost always.

PEACE biggrin.gif

what does the parameter page say when you go to maintence mode. I can not remember if the 6 had a display for the encoder or not but think you might have to go here to get it fixed. I would call Fanuc and ask them to give you a fax that explains what to do in this situation. I will aks around teh shop tommorrow and see if anyone knows what to do.

You might need to do a grid shift so that the machine thinks it is back in the same spot that it was before OR you may need to change a parameter where the machine stores an encoder postion [ie Z692.7894 instead of Z0] that it thinks is the toolchanger position

C