Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help using mastercam direct

kprestejohn

i looked at the email, and i already have mastercam direct installed on my computer, but according to the email, it isn't online. i tried doing the procedure for using it offline, and it causes my solidworks application to crash. any ideas on how to turn my mastercam direct online?

Silly question (maybe)?

Is Mastercam-Direct checked on, under your Add-ins.. box in Solidworks?

What version of Mcam are you runnin? Is it installed on the same computer as Solidworks?

[ 06-21-2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: NuNu ]

this is exactly the same problem I have been having

and haven't recieved an answer for the problem yet.

If I were you I'd just use the filesave feature and then the c-hook to open the file in MC. Only way I've been able to do this. Not sure if its a windows thing or not. nobody can explain why some people have full function and some cannot.

look here

quote:

this is exactly the same problem I have been having

and haven't recieved an answer for the problem yet.

Same here...

Tried reinstalling Solidworks and Mastercam. No difference. I am on maintenance with the latest release... It used to work fine until we changed servers and switched to XP @ the same time.

That MastercamDirect menu inside SolidWorks will load up with the Mastercam products that you've installed, but it does this by looking in the Registry to see where you've installed the Mastercam product(s).

For instance, it will look in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareCNC Software, Inc.V9 Mill" and if the "DIRECTORY" key there points to a directory that actually has MILL9.EXE inside of it, it'll add "Mastercam Mill" to the dropdown. Ditto for the other products.

Open a DOS prompt and type 'regedit'. Or better yet, find someone else who's more comfortable looking into it - if something inadvertantly gets changed you could really mess yourself up (and I don't want to be known as the guy who helped cause it!)

The basic point of my post yesterday was that if you've moved your Mastercam programs from one directory to another, we won't be able to load that product into the SolidWorks dropdown menu.

Yeah Bryan they could be opened with a converter, but you lose the solid history tree... They could also be opened with the mcdirect chook, but it defeats the purpose of launching mastercam out of solidworks, not to mention all the x-tra clicks of the mouse

quote:

i recently took over my bosses computer and he had mastercam direct with the mill option

Are you logging onto the computer with a different

username??

Try logging on under your bosses name and see if it helps.

also try loggin on as adimin

If all else fails you can export and import parasolids from SW. You won't get the tree,

but you can assign a WCS to the model so it

lands in Mastercam the way you want it to.

[ 06-23-2005, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

• 4 months later...