Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2 tricks for Mastercam needed

Lars Christensen

I am still working with 8.1.1, so time to go back in time and see if you can remember.

1) I am getting Solid geometry from the costumer that I Create=>Curve, so now I got something that I can work with. Is there any trick to delete all the double lines and circles without squashing or picking every single line and circle?

2) I verly like masking stuff in the windows function, however I would love if it could turn off automatecly after one session, so I do not have too??

Just two small problems thaqt I am fighting every day, and would make my life more enjoyable.

Thanks

Lars

quote:

Is there any trick to delete all the double lines and circles without squashing or picking every single line and circle?

As long as they're on the same plane you could try to delete/ duplicate/ ....

Also try running FINDOVLP.DLL chook... I think it was available in V8.

quote:

2) I verly like masking stuff in the windows function, however I would love if it could turn off automatecly after one session, so I do not have too??

Try using Alt.E along with Alt+/Alt- to hide/unhide instead of masking.

I'm not sure I undersdtand where all the duplicates are coming from. One method is to move all of the undesireable curves and edges to a different level prior to constructing your new "good" curves. If the "bad" curves are the ones that are created when the solid is converted, then you can omit pulling in the edge curves that exist in the solid file (a check box selection).

Lars,

This sounds a little strange because when I make geo from solids I don't get double entities. Not like surfaces where I always get double edge curves.

I take my time selecting individual surfaces instead of using all surfaces. I find it faster then trying to delete too much geometry.

Billy

If you have a solid you are trying to put edge curves. Be sure and toggle solid or faces. My seat of mcam defaults with both of these toggled on which creates duplicate curves. When I import a solid I change everything to white, then change color to blue, and create curve all edges solids then toggle faces off then pick the solid. There shouldn't be any duplicate blue geometery. If all you need is the blue geometery then delete all color white and you are left with a blue wireframe only.

The colors used are strictly user option. wink.gifwink.gif

~~~~~~~~~~

ile/next menu/ ram-saver will delete duplicate entities..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tend to disagree .

It will rearrange database .

Delete ->duplicate entities is a acommand .

Try to organize yous work ,put contours to separate levels ,trust me ,you will speed your work

Lars, if your creating curves from the solid "body" you should be getting no double entities and all the curves (wireframe). If your generating from each face you will have doubles (which should delete with the duplicate option).

Now when your importing the solid and if by chance your bringing the solid in as trimmed surfaces and you go to create curves you will get multiple entities that are very close to each other but will no most likely delete with the duplicates option due the translation into surfs and then curves (they will vary most likely just enough that the program will not recognize them as duplicates)thus a headache to get just one contour sometimes.

quote:

I take my time selecting individual surfaces instead of using all surfaces. I find it faster then trying to delete too much geometry.

+1 to Bill, Before you generate a lot of geometry just create what you need at the minimum level.

cheers.gif

After you "create curves", try "change colors" all lines, then do it for all arcs, and then all splines. This isn't going to solve your problem, but sometimes if you hide things you can see where the duplicates are. I normally delete all splines, take a look at what might be missing and then re-create just those edges if needed. But all in all, there's no real trick if delete duplicate doesn't work.