Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Milling a curve with lollipop in Mcam8

Lars Christensen

Lars,

I dont know if this will work but it looks very close.

What I did was changed your tool size to .0005 in your contour 4 operation went to a different level and backploted it saving as geometry. Then I moved that geometry I think .01 in top view to the right. Next I used that geometry for your chain in contour 4 and selected a .031 sphere endmill. Then went to toolpath transform and selected your contour 4 translated by coordinate polar distance of .04 and it comes out very close. I get a little countersink. Might have to play with it and see if this approach will work. This the only way I can resemble what you want.

let me know,

Kannon

Have a look at the picture below and then read.

lars%20copy.jpg

I used create-curve-flowline. That gave me the curves on the fillet you see. I then offset the curves by the radius of the tool to the right of the hole. I then scaled the curves by the radius of the tool. For the toolpath I used 3d contour with comp set to off and no leadin/out. For your part, you can leave T/Cplane set to side for your rotary or create a new plane. The purple you see is just another plane I created to play with to get more tool shank clearance.

I tried flowline toolpath from the side view suing "direction to enter and exit the cavity. The path was OK, but I think that following a few contours will give you plenty of edge-break.

If you have any other questions, you have my number and email.

1st. I will like to thank all of you for helping me out, you guy's are making this place fantastic.

My approch is going to scale and translate the curve and then using a 3-D toolpath were I use the center of the tool driving my modifyed curve. That will do the job. I tryed a surface flowline, but was not succesfull preventing from gauging.

Thank you all for being such great friends

Lars

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Bernie, I found out about that this morning, can you say DOOOOOOHHHHHH, that was half my problem. the tool that I created the big hole with was suppose to be a custom drill, and it looks right in backplot, but it screwed me up in verfy.

flycut, I believe that Rekd started that, I think it is the most commen mispelled word in the english languaes, teh = the.

Again thank you so much all of you for your support.

Lars