Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mask on arc question

Kannon

Im running version 9.1 and I was wondering...

In the Mill version I can select "mask on arc" when selecting same size circles to drill or within a tolerance I give it. Now if I wanted to contour those same holes I just drilled, I wanted to go to contour-last but it tells me no entities selected in last chain. Is there anyway to use the mask on arc for selecting contour operations?

I was showing our wire guy the mask on arc function and many times they do holes and have to select each. I was hoping to have the mask on arc more universal. I realize I could probably have different colors for each size, or throw each size on a different layer, just curious on why with such a neat function, that it isnt in almost all of the toolpath menus?

Or is there a way to add it? headscratch.gif

There are several ways to group enities. I use colors, levels, and groups. For those of you who have never used groups give it a try. You can create a group, name it then, alt-e that group for tool path selection or whatever. I may have a group called 7/16 boring. When I get ready to do drill toolpaths I alt-e, all, group, then select the 7/16" boring. I have never saw anyone else using groups, I just experimented on my own. Also current system group and result is a very handy group tool.

I don't know if it will be any help but I butchered some of Micks and Bulliness VBS code to come up with Lholes.vbs. It places 360 or -360 deg arcs on a named by diameter level and in a named group. Subtracts them from the display list by turning that level off and outputs a level list.

For toolpaths select entities - group pick the listed group. Then import operations from library and all toolpaths will use group geometry for cutterpath. Just check feeds, speeds and depths

Works great for Drilling, circle mill, pocket etc

It is in a recent post and I would be happy to e-mail with libraries if helpfull.

C.B.