Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

video card requirements

deckard

I've done the search and everything seems to be pointing to the Quadro FX line of video cards.

Which card should I use if all I plan to do are 3-axis toolpaths, parts that I plan to machine are surfaces which are no larger than 5'x10'. We vacuum form parts here so no undercuts allowed. All our parts are single mold with no male or female mating molds. Please help we need a new computer to run X and I would like to come up with an accurate estimate for the purchasing department.

Thanks in advance

Quadro's at Monarch Computers

The FX 500 is an aboxxxxe minimum. Since its an AGP card, its nearly obsolete. You probably can't get one in a factory builyt machine anymore.

The 700 would be my budget choice, then the 1300

and 1400.

I have a 3400 in my work machine and its worth the money in my opinion, but it wasn't my money

biggrin.gif

If money is an issue look

here

I've bought 3 machines from Dell Factory Outlet and never had any trouble with any of them.

Determine which company you are going to use and go on-line and build it. Unless you are building it yourself, you can get an exact cost plus shipping.

We use Dell here. We have an account so its much easier for us.

Check to see if the computer manufacturer offers the card you're looking for.

Without a monitor I would guess about 2k (USD) would get you a pretty nice system.

I just put my order in for a new system. Built to run on a semi budget, has a FX-1400. Came in at about 2400CDN, (about $1.95 US -HEHE), but took about a week and a half of shopping around. All my research pointed at an NVIDEA chipset, on a workstation card which led me to the FX line.

Can't wait, heard its a smokin card to have.

Paul

You'll be very lucky to find Quadros in any store. They are specialized CAD/CAM cards and

most stores only stock gaming cards.

The link I posted for Monarch Computer is one

of the best I've found for Quardo Cards.

NVIDA's website has a link to stores and on-line retailers that carry Quardos too.

If you're planning to use solids, I'd stay away from the FX500. I have one and am trying to upgrade.

I've had problems with the little popup boxes that explain icons refusing to show up, and solids look crappy. Turning off hardware acceleration got the popup working.

If I click on a shaded solid it turns a funky color and Repaint doesn't clear it up. I have to turn Shading off and back on.

Through the course of troubleshooting graphics issues in Version 9 & Version X we've come across a procedure that can help, sometimes seeing vast improvements. If you've tried the other graphics recommendations found on the forum and they don't seem to help then try this one out:

Download the following zip file:

GL.zip

Unzip this to your root Mastercam folder (for v9 - c:mcam9 or for X - c:mcamx). It will extract 2 files into that folder, opengl32.dll and glu32.dll. Restart Mastercam to make the changes take effect.

If you don't like the changes, go back to the root Mastercam folder and delete out opengl32.dll & glu32.dll and restart Mastercam again.

Hope this helps some people.

Jeremy

Hey guys

I have a lot of annoying "ghosting" going on when

I am rubber banding from one end point to another.

also In Verify the light is only shining on one side of my stock and I can't see my cut?

it is a simple 2d top cut....

My card,settings and driver were fine all through out Beta. confused.gif

Would a hotter card fix this?

X SP1,Oxygen GVX1

Thanks

Tony

GEFORCE FX5500 256ram

running "X SP1" and 9mr0105

machine is a AMD 2 gig w/1 gig of memory windows xp pro

no problems with verify ETC

JUST MY 2 CENTS .I HAD PROBLEM CRASHING IN SOLID WORKS ,M-CAM PARTICULARILY WHEN BACKPLOTTING AND VERIFY

all is well so far 3 days using both x and 9(mostly 9 but practicing alot)