Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Crash with HSM Program

Wuf Man

Mastercam Verify rapids in straight lines

A Haas rapiding from point to point does not.

If you are rapiding down inside a pocket, sooner or later you're going to hit a wall.

Verify will not catch it. You need gcode verification for that.

Gcode is right. Many machines have "dogleg" rapid moves as the default. It is a parameter that can be set in the control.

Backplot and Verify do not show this because THE MACHINE ACTUALLY INTERPETS AND MOVES DIFFERENTLY, from how the code is output.

(Metacut Utilities will simulate dogleg rapid moves)

The solution is to be sure your rapid plane is well above the highest point on the piece.

I've never seen HSM gouge. But, I have seen dogleg rapids reach up and bite you!

quote:

The solution is to be sure your rapid plane is well above the highest point on the piece.

Ben doin' that since ver 6......just to be sure cheers.gif +1 I also set zero at highest point on part to get the double whammy....haven't crashed in several years....knock on wood smile.gif

quote:

You need gcode verification for that.

CAD CAM verify needed to do GCODE from the start IMO...

Not sure about the code question. I am not familiar with the NC code. The toolpath is HSM Pocket Strategy. The crash occurs in the X-Y movement (Tool is moving from the outside to the inside of the part), Using full retracts, no rapid down movement, rapid plane is well above the highest point on the piece.

quote:

Not sure about the code question. I am not familiar with the NC code

OK, not trying to be a dink here, but this could propose a problem trying to help you diagnose your situation; can you paste 20 lines [or 50, whatever seems reasonable] around where the unintended workpiece contact [AKA crash] occurs into your reply here so that we can see it?

C

Wuf Man,

You did say v9 right? Does your post have a variable called mtol? If so, what is the value?

I am thinking it is a small rounding error caused by using an older post with a newer MP. This situation is rare and elusive. But, I have seen it.

If you do not have mtol, I would add it. If you are outputting 4 decimal places, I would set mtol to .00005.

If Wuf Man makes the program on one pc it works fine. On the second pc it gets this strange rapid in it. If you take the mc9 with toolpaths to the 1st(good) pc it posts the strange rapid. We thought we had it figured out by turning the graphics acc down, but reappeared earlier this week. They have been cutting molds for a couple of years using the same process.

quote:

If Wuf Man makes the program on one pc it works fine. On the second pc it gets this strange rapid in it. If you take the mc9 with toolpaths to the 1st(good) pc it posts the strange rapid

Do you regen on the "good" PC before posting??

Are both machines running the same MP.DLL ??

This is Twilight Zone stuff eek.gif