Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal DNC

We have Cimco DMC max. I am trying to get out 2 Fadals, both with CNC 88HS controls to run on our DNC.

I type in DNC on the screen and the control jumps into DNC mode but I get an error whenever I try to actually start the program.

Is anyone with a Fadal doing this and if so, how?

I've noticed that some DNC programs require to get the machine ready first, then send the program and others require you to send the program, then have the machine accept it. You could try both ways.

What error are you getting? Error at the machine or in Cimco?

Thad

Error in the machine.

I've tried it both ways. Get the DNC ready to send and get the machine ready first.

If I send to the machine without it being in DNC mode it just tries to tkae the program into memeory. When I set up the machine first I get

error.

We send progrms into and out of the machine all day but the DNC function just won't work.

OK... the simple question first...

Do you have % as the first character in the file you are sending?

Next, are the parameter settings matching in Cimco and at the control?

(COM Port, Stop Bits, Parity, Baud Rate, Data Bits, Mode)

I have 2 Fadals w/ CNC 88 controls and I use DNC all the time. headscratch.gif

It must be something simple.

quote:

If I send to the machine without it being in DNC mode it just tries to tkae the program into memeory. When I set up the machine first I get

error.

From that quote, I'm betting the first line has a TA,1 in it that tells your Fadal to load to memory, change it to DNC and send from Cimco without doing anything at the Machine (Just have the Machine in Manual mode first).

Hope that helps.

Allan

You can either delete the TA,1 at the start of the prog and do your DNC command at the machine then send the file, or you can change the TA,1 to DNC and send it to the machine without getting it ready first (need to be in manual mode first, where it says enter next command type MU for menu ect...)

I have a Fadal, format2.

When the NC file is bigger than Fadal memeory

we type DNC enter at the control and then download the NC file through MCam Commmunications. Then we start the machining and it drip feeds.

When the program is small we type TA,1,2 at the control and download the NC file through MCam Communications and it sends the whole file to the Fadal memory.

In both cases we have a program number in the NC.

We do not use Cimco here.

John,

Just to clarify, the TA,1 command is used to load a program into the resident memory of the control, and the DNC command is used to drip feed larger programs directly from your PC.

The simplest way to drip feed is to do the following:

1. Make sure the first character in the file is %

2. With the control in Command Mode, key in DNC >Enter

3. Send the program from the PC using either Cimco or the Mastercam comm utility.

(There are lots of other methods, but this one is the simplest and therefore the best place to start. wink.gif )

If you get an error, try this:

From command mode again, key in SETP > Enter

You will now see the parameter settings page for the control. Make sure the baud rate setting matches the setting for that COM port in either MC Comm or Cimco.

If that isn't the problem, I'm not sure what it is. If you like, you can e-mail me a sample program and I'll see if I can drip feed it to my Fadal. wink.gif

Edit:

I forgot to say that I have one machine running in Format 1 and another in Format 2 and this method works on both.

Methinks your post is putting something funky in the program header that is keeping it from drip feeding. Send me a file from that post if you still have trouble. biggrin.gif

• 12 years later...
11 hours ago, rafajel0 said:

@JParis You solve this problem of comunication in your fadal?

I have a same problem with DNC, i cant sent gcode, i use cimco v7. 

When i use TA,1 a can sent gcode perfect. 

Many years ago, many jobs ago