Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal post - force G8 for milling only

Thad

We're trying to modify our post to cleanup the code. Currently, we force a G8 (no feed ramps) at the beginning of every program. Then on drilling programs, we force a G9. On rigid tapping, we force a G8. The end result, while it works, is messy.

How can I output a G8 on only milling cycles?

We've got the G8 on rigid tapping and G9 on drilling cycles taken care of.

Thad

quote:

How can I output a G8 on only milling cycles?

Not quite the answer you're looking for, but I use "Manual Entry" for such things. Allows me to use the same post for the Fadal Legacy controls and the Fadal 104/D where G8 has been superceeded by G8.1 for example.

Or you could add this.. I do something similar on posts for different reasons....

if tool_typ > 9, "G8", e$

else, "G9", e$

I haven't tried this in X yet. Should work as long as you're not trying to do some milling with a drill. Then just leave the G8 forced in the tap cycle. Although, if you drill with a chamfer mill (type 12), it will still output a G8....

cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I use opcode for the HSM cycles in the machine (Look Ahead, AICC, AI NANO, HPCC, etc...). Works 100% unless you have Macro Cycles and you're driving them off Custom Drill Cycles, in which case you'd need to say someting like

if opcode=3 | drill_cyc > somenumber

Somenumber being determined how you have the cycles set up.

HTH