Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Color Dialog

Mjölnir

In an effort to create a sane default configuration in Mastercam 10, I'd like to remap the colors in the dialog box as they used to be prior to version 8. That is, each color and its various shades were organized in columns instead of scattered around like they are by default now.

For version 8 (which also worked in version 9, doesn't in version 10), there is a chook named v7colors.dll I got from, I'm pretty sure, our MC reseller, that remaped the colors in the default config file. I tried copying that color remaping info from mcam9.cfg to mcamx.config (required some manual syntax editing and renumbering), and got close, but not enough for joy. e.g. Color 0 and 2 are reversed, 0 is lt green, 2 is black, 16 is yellow which should be 14, etc. The colors are, for the most part, organized in columns though.

I could spend a few hours manually tweaking it to get it they way it should be (so as not to have to re-memorize all the color numbers) but am hoping somebody has already written or has plans to write another chook that works with v10 instead.

If this has already been done, nevermind replying, and please post a link. Thanks. :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doing something wrong. headscratch.gif

I did this:

quote:

A revisit here.

I was playing around with the V7 colors chook but now I want to go back to X colors. Anyone no how I can do this. I came in this morning and the V7 stuck with my default config.

Then I followed this:

quote:

Open up the Colors dialog and click on the 'Customize' tab. See the button on the right that looks like a curved arrow over a horizontal line (the tooltip says "reload system default colors)? That's the one!

Doesn't work for me.

I open MCX. Click on colors tab on bottom of screen. Did what Pete said to do. Then did what Thad said to do. Didn't worked. I then put another .dll file to replace the v7colors.dll in the default tab of Start/Exit settings. That didn't work. frown.gif

Is there something else to change in the config? confused.gif

quote:

Is there something else to change in the config?

Open your .config file in a text editor (e.g. notepad) and find and remove the custom colors. They are identified like this;

5516. Custom color 16? 0

5517. Custom color 17? 7864320

5518. Custom color 18? 30720

5519. Custom color 19? 12105728

5520. Custom color 20? 120

5521. Custom color 21? 7864440

5522. Custom color 22? 15992

etc.

Of course, backup your config file first.

quote:

From the config it doesn't have what Pete said.

that's correct.

when i open the colors box from the status bar(wcs,planes,attributes,level,etc.), it is a different looking box. has 2 tabs at top.

colors and customize. the customize page has an icon over to the right (looks like undo).