Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

okuma mc4020

mig

Is your spindle lube level low? Boy, say that 5 times real fast! biggrin.gif

It sounds like our "Way lube too low" error on the Fadals. The machine won't do anything until it's filled.

Just a guess.

EDIT: Then again, I could be WAY off. Will the spindle not start if there isn't a tool in it?

Thad

I think that Okuma finally got smart and put an alarm here.

If you use through tool coolant without a tool in the spindle the O-ring will blow out and wont seal against the retention knob,and then you will have coolant spraying up into the motor area.

Only other thing i can think of mig is that if the spindle was rotating before without a tool, the spindle clamp proxy switch may have been sending the wrong message to the contoller all this time, Thus this is why you have be able to rotate the spindle without a tool it it.

I tryed it on my 3 year old MB56VA, OSP100E controller just before i left work and there was still no alarm coming up. Can i ask why you want to run the machine without a tool in it?.

cheers.gif Darren

On our 4020, we had a problem with that too. It actually had a tool in the spindle but I was getting the same alarm. It turned out to be a metal chip that had gotten in the enclosure and landed on the sensor that tells it whether there is a tool in the spindle or not.

Hey guys !

Thank you for response.

----------------------------------------

Can i ask why you want to run the machine without a tool in it?.

----------------------------------------------

Because if the is no tool in the pot you ask, it stops to do tool change right on the meddle of cycle and no alarm.

beej , where lockated this sensor?