Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Recognition

mayday

so when will this be added. I would hope the near future. in keeping up with the Jones's I had hoped it was in X. Is there a better way to teach surf ruff pocketing where the stock really is? we make some custom parts that are solid machined from bar stock that I have to tilt at an angle to begin the ruffing operation. cutting air dont pay all that well frown.gif

Sometimes I make an STL file from my solid model and use that stl file in restmill for my stock. You can translate it or rotate it. It seems that if your machining castings this would be extremely useful. All you have to do is translate the stl file up the amount of your machine stock and put a restmill path to it.

Yep the guys around us are switching to work nc for surface machining like nobody's business. It is pretty slick. The main reason is stock recognition. Cutting molds it would save alot of time when having to tilt cores ect to get to all the sides.

quote:

switching to work nc for surface machining

Now that particular piece of code has an interface that makes Mastercam 9.1 look like the latest and greatest. I am not even sure that it is 32 bit.

I am guessing that all of there effort goes into the internals not the GUI.

quote:

work around nc, (OOPS) MCX

I agree with you mayday CNC dropped the ball on this one. stock recognition is a must have for castings and parts with previous machining op's cuckoo.gif

Stock recognition and being able to link geometry between files and levels. THAT is where it's at.

For all of UG's faults, that ability is nice.

To be able to take a part from rough stock to finished product, thru any number of manufacturing process and still have all the bodies linked. Make a change on a lower lever one and all the upper ones update.

This is something I hope CNC works towards.

quote:

To be able to take a part from rough stock to finished product, thru any number of manufacturing process and still have all the bodies linked. Make a change on a lower lever one and all the upper ones update.

Right on with that, John

The lathe stock recognition works pretty well, hopefully milling is on the way...