Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Job outlook for Mastercam Programmers

Ivan

It depends what part of the country you look in and what you're looking for in a job.

Areas have many high-skill openings, others have openings a lower skill levels. If you are willing to relocate I would be willing to bet you could find a job quite to your liking.

Well I have a job for now but the company I've been with for 14 years may or may not relocate it's manufacturing to...well you know where. Anyway I've been a programmer operator for 9 years using Mastercam, always the latest version,

and machined for the same company before I started programming. I'm just wanted to see how the NC programmer job market is like so I have an idea of what to expect if the bottom falls out. Haven't had to job hunt for 14 years.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...86 listings. You should check it everyday...

Ditto. I get Monster and Careerpath.com listings everyday. I like to know. It's a pretty good indicator of how things are in the industry. Though, even in bad times, really good people rarely are out of work for long.

JM2C