Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR1 backplotting issues

Thad

Has anyone else experienced any of the following issues?

1. The S key doesn't funtion properly. After selecting the backplot icon, I click in the graphics window, then the S key. It will only go about one step. I then need to click in the grahics window again to continue to use the S key to step it through. If I select rewind when it's done backplotting, then the S key will work the whole way through.

2. If I select the Play button, when the toolpath is finished, the tool goes to Z0, which is mostly the bottom of my part. It looks like I'll crash the tool into the part. The posted code is OK though. If I drag the slider to the end of the toolpath, the tool ends up at the clearance plane, like it should. I always use "show rapid moves."

3. When using either plain or fluted tool display, the backplotted line is thicker than it used to be. Zooming in or out when backplot is complete puts it back to "normal" thickness.

4. When using either plain or fluted tool display, when the toolpath is done, the tool wireframe gets thicker for about a second, then goes back to normal. When using a shaded tool, the toolpath is the "proper" thinkness and of course because of the shading, it doesn't affect the appearance of the tool.

I just updated the graphics drivers and have tried various changes to OpenGL and hardware acceleration settings. There was no difference in the display.

I'm not sure if the graphics issues are PC specific. Any ideas on something else to check? The thicker lines during backplot are a minor annoyance. I was just wondering if I was alone on this. I sent this to QC as well.

Thad

Thad,

I'm having the same issues as you are.

in addtion to your 3 I have a 4th problem when

backploting toolpaths created in the front view using quick verify the shading runs perpendicular

to the face.

Thad, I Don’t know about Issues #2-#4 but I have had a slightly different form of your issue #1:

When pressing either the 'step forward' button or the 's' key, the toolpath continues to step through, but makes some extraneous move backwards after every step.... Usually into my part.

If I just press 'play' this doesn’t happen after every move - but will happen at the end of the backplot.

My code is good - but this makes it REALLY tough to see what a tool is actually doing.

Mastercam are you listening? - Help!

-Jason

MCX MR1/SP2

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+

2.00 GB RAM

Ed,

MCX never did do that. Previous versions did. But, with MR1 a new feature was added to allow it. It's called Restricted ????. The name slips my mind at the moment. It's the 2 new icons in the backplot page. cheers.gif

BTW, Mike B knows the name of the feature. He should pop in any time now. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Thad

I noticed this after upgrading to MR1. After backplotting, click on a rapid line. In details, there is a box that shows feedrate. For a rapid move it shows a feed of -2. I checked this on 2 different PC's.

I have 1 other seat that wasn't upgraded yet (SP1) that I checked and it also had a feedrate of -2.

Of course, in checking the gcode and running the program, all is well.

Anyone else notice this??

lynnz

Thad,

I use S key in backplot all the time also and you are right.

What I found works is

-click in graphics window

-hit "S"

-click in graphic window again

-hit "S" (several times or hold it for a second) and now it works good... cuckoo.gif

#2 goes to z.0 at the end also...

#3 panning or spinning will "kick" graphics back to where they belong... wink.gif

#4 the same here...

cheers.gif

Mark

Does anyone get rapid move between 2 ops show up as blue (feed) instead of yellow (rapid)? Assuming you use the default colors.

If I check (or uncheck, I don't remember which) the first icon that shows in a diffent shade of blue, then the rapid moves show as yellow.

Thad

I have the same problem with the "S" key.

right now, I hit backplot, and without clicking on the graphics screen I hit "S". the tool does one move (the slider bar moves a bit. Then I can hit "S" all day & nothing till I click the graphics screen.

Idealy I don't want to have to click the graphics screen at all when backplotting.

Thad,

I get rapids showing up as blue also when moving between ops.

Thats what got me looking into it and I found at the bottom of the backplot screen that shows details of each move, when you have details of a rapid, it has a feedrate of -2??

What icon are you talking about? In the config settings of color or in the backplot screen??

lynnz

quote:

1. The S key doesn't funtion properly. After selecting the backplot icon, I click in the graphics window, then the S key. It will only go about one step. I then need to click in the grahics window again to continue to use the S key to step it through. If I select rewind when it's done backplotting, then the S key will work the whole way through.

Yes, we know about this.

A 'focus' issue that appeared too late to correct in MR1.

It's being dealt with now.

quote:

2. If I select the Play button, when the toolpath is finished, the tool goes to Z0, which is mostly the bottom of my part. It looks like I'll crash the tool into the part. The posted code is OK though. If I drag the slider to the end of the toolpath, the tool ends up at the clearance plane, like it should. I always use "show rapid moves."

We’ve heard some reports about the tool going to the Home position even though the ‘Show move Mill/Router Home Position’ option is not checked.

This is being investigated.

quote:

3. When using either plain or fluted tool display, the backplotted line is thicker than it used to be. Zooming in or out when backplot is complete puts it back to "normal" thickness.

4. When using either plain or fluted tool display, when the toolpath is done, the tool wireframe gets thicker for about a second, then goes back to normal. When using a shaded tool, the toolpath is the "proper" thinkness and of course because of the shading, it doesn't affect the appearance of the tool.

“Thickness” is one I’ve not heard of. Does it appear to be part or toolpath type specific?

quote:

backploting toolpaths created in the front view using quick verify the shading runs perpendicular to the face.

This Quick Verify issue has been reported and logged.

quote:

My guys are telling me that when you hit F3 it wont repaint and get rid of what has already been backplotted so the screen isn't cluttered.

Correct, no ‘F3’ (that’s v9)

Check out the ‘Restrict drawing’ and ‘Turn off restricts drawing’ buttons (just above the green OK check button) on the Backplot dialog.

quote:

extraneous move backwards after every step

Something to try is this ->

Settings – Run User Application and select ‘Backplot Config’

Check the ‘No Front buffer’ option. Does this help ?

quote:

For a rapid move it shows a feed of -2.

It’s always been this way in X. The data in the NCI for a Rapid is a feedrate of ‘-2’. This will be changed in the future to just say ‘Rapid’.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

Also be sure to submit issues to [email protected]

quote:

“Thickness” is one I’ve not heard of.

quote:

Something to try is this ->

Settings – Run User Application and select ‘Backplot Config’

Check the ‘No Front buffer’ option.

Checking "No Front buffer" fixed my thick backplot line and tool wireframe problems (#3 & #4). cheers.gif

Thad